Car Thread!

So say I cut a big hole in my Lancer and stick a jet engine in there. I would pass you like nothing.

Your argument means nothing.

Haha, nah...you'd probably careen out of control like the Hamster did on Top Gear.

Rotaries aren't really known for low-end torque to begin with.

Yeah, rotaries are all about the upper-end. When you're racing you gotta keep the engine revving high if you want to keep the power and torque coming.

I'm surprised I haven't seen anything about the new GT-R in here...
Although I think it's overrated a little and I like the R-34's better anyway.

The GT-R is overrated. Don't even get me started on that car...

Haha, no. 300hp with 300 in torque? No, not on the straight aways, a viper would dominate that. A gt500 would dominate that too in the straights, with 500hp and 480 in torque, the 20b has nothing on it. The RX-8 is for cornering, not straights.

Depends. If you're talking about a drag race, Viper or Mustang. :rolleyes: If you're talking about a proper circuit race, RX-8. The Viper and GT500 have nothing on the RX-8 in a circuit.

meh, 20B. I would pass you like it's nothing.

So all these cars the RX-8 can beat, so with all this trash talking about the RX-8 someone would think it is the fastest car.

^Alvino he was talking about the Drag, but the EVO has a lot on the RX-8 in a Circiut.

In a circuit maybe, but really, who cares about circuits... Drag man. I looked on youtube for some circuit videos though, nothing, but I understand why, too hard to film. But, yeah, I like drag more then circuit. Torque and horsepower is what it's about.

But when it does come to circuit racing... Thats where Ford owns with the Gt40, and it does ok in drag with the stang.

So all these cars the RX-8 can beat, so with all this trash talking about the RX-8 someone would think it is the fastest car.

^Alvino he was talking about the Drag, but the EVO has a lot on the RX-8 in a Circiut.

Yeah, its also a rally car with all wheel drive and a turbo. Oh did I mention is looks HORRIBLE. The Sti and Evo are steroid versions of the regular lancer sedan and wrx. Everything is blah about those two cars besides the fact that their fast. I need more than that in a car!

In a circuit maybe, but really, who cares about circuits... Drag man. I looked on youtube for some circuit videos though, nothing, but I understand why, too hard to film. But, yeah, I like drag more then circuit. Torque and horsepower is what it's about.

But when it does come to circuit racing... Thats where Ford owns with the Gt40, and it does ok in drag with the stang.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I think it takes a little more skill to run in a circuit race than a straight line. Its kinda like comparing Nascar Cars with Indy Cars. Much more skill when you're braking and hitting corners at 60-120mph. The G-Force alone is something just in itself for those Indy Drivers.

Hopefully this will clear up a few things. Torque and HP are not always what they seem. Please look past the big numbers, its more than that!

http://www.yawpower.com/tqvshp.html

Just because something has big numbers, doesnt mean it going to prove anything in the long run. Torque is more of a feeling that people get confused with being FAST.

Try not to triple post ccasmoe00 ;)

But yeah I do agree, whoopdy do!! a straight line.. WOW your good.

Nahh

Circuit is where the talent is. and where the true definition of the car is.

Apples to oranges comparison if you ask me. The Evo is AWD and the RX-8 is FR. They have their pros and cons.

Circuit > Drag.

Drag racing may be nice for practicing your shifting, but theres nothing else to it. You're just going in a straight line the entire way...booorrring. :rolleyes:

Have you ever watched F1? DTM? WTCC? Sorry dude, but circuit racing takes way more skill than drag racing does. Let me guess...NASCAR fan? :p

Try not to triple post ccasmoe00 ;)

But yeah I do agree, whoopdy do!! a straight line.. WOW your good.

Nahh

Circuit is where the talent is. and where the true definition of the car is.

Agreed. Any car can go fast in a straight line...it's how you handle the curves is what defines the driver.

I can't stand drag racing. Probably because I have a low powered automatic car.

But it's basically a contest of who has more money. Sucks.
I enjoy beating high dollar cars in autocross because I can drive.

Yep. Thats why I love my car...

Although I don't like admitting it, I've lost to a Camry before in a drag race (and before you laugh, Camrys are pretty f-ing quick off the line). But, how my E36 handles in the corners just totally outweighs my lack of pure horsepower. Because of the handling, I can push my car into the corners harder than you can in a FF rice rocket.

Yes, I know FF cars are still capable, but I'll still maintain my belief that FR > FF. :)

Back
Top Bottom