Microsoft Offer

kchi55

Fully Optimized
I'm not sure if this is allowed, I haven't been around the forums lately and I sort of forgot the policy regarding this, but to those that this might interest to the best of my knowledge Microsoft is offering this list of software

Full list of the software you get:

Windows Server 2008
Windows Server 2003 R2
Compute Cluster
Windows SharePoint Services
SQL Server
Application Platform Servers BizTalk Server, Commerce Server, Host Integration Server, Connected Services Framework, Customer Care Framework
Business Productivity Servers Content Management Server, Exchange Server, Office Live Communications Server, Office Forms Server, Office Groove Server, Office PerformancePoint Server, Speech Server, Sharepoint Server, Windows Sharepoint Services
IT Operations Servers Identity Integration Server, Microsoft System Center, Microsoft Operations Manager, Microsoft System Center Capacity Planner, Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager, Systems Management Server, ISA Server
Windows Vista Ultimate/Enterprise/Business
Windows XP Professional/Tablet PC Edition
Office Ultimate/Enterprise/Professional Plus/Professional 2007 [2]
Office Word, Office Excel, Office PowerPoint, Office Outlook & Business Contact Manager, Office Access
Office Publisher, Office InfoPath, Office OneNote, Office Communicator, Office Groove, Office SharePoint Designer, Office Visio, Office Project Standard
Office Accounting, Office Business Scorecard Manager, MapPoint, Office FrontPage
Office Project Professional
Office Project Server, Office Project Portfolio Server
Dynamics AX, GP, NAV, SL, Microsoft Forecaster & Microsoft FRx
Dynamics CRM, Point of Sale, Microsoft Small Business Accounting & Financials

All of it for a price point of 99$, it's a great deal for people who need the mentioned programs, and even for people who don't need all of it. After you pay 99$ Microsoft will let you download all the mentioned programs from their servers if I understand their conditions correctly. Not sure if anyone's interested, and again, I'm not sure if this kind of thread is even allowed, but for those who are looking for a good way to get your hands on some legitimate software cheaply, this is a good way to do it I think.

On another note, I signed up for Microsoft's feedback survey program a few months ago and got an e-mail from them saying that they've shipped a copy of Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Retail. :D

http://www.microsoft4me.com/technet/discount.htm Here's the link btw, for those that are interested.

Not sure, I didn't buy it since I have all of the software I need from that list already, but since this is a deal open to students, I don't see why you would have to be 18 or older to make this purchase.

Interesting, but I think i'm alright in the MS department.

I went ahead and got a full version of Office 2007 Ultimate (legit copy) from www.theultimatesteal.com. If you're in school, this is available to you.

Edit: Just curious, but what's the catch? There has to be SOMETHING about this offer that i'm not reading. I doubt they'd make ALL of that available for just $99, or even $349. I AM understanding you correctly, right? You get to download any and ALL of those?

So, this is like a subscription to that thing which lets you download any of the MS software? I can't find how long the subscription lasts. And I can't find if It's a real full version of the software. I don't know what evaluation copy means... I like almost convinced to get it, lol, but I don't want to spend $99 to find out it's not what I expected. I really want to get Vista and can't afford full price so this would be awesome if I could get it since I can get more than just Vista.

Edit: Just curious, but what's the catch? There has to be SOMETHING about this offer that i'm not reading. I doubt they'd make ALL of that available for just $99, or even $349. I AM understanding you correctly, right? You get to download any and ALL of those?
This is why I am still skeptical. I went all the way to where you fill out you info and it didn't ask for anything out of the ordinary. Even $349 is a good deal if it's what I am thinking it is.

So, this is like a subscription to that thing which lets you download any of the MS software? I can't find how long the subscription lasts. And I can't find if It's a real full version of the software. I don't know what evaluation copy means... I like almost convinced to get it, lol, but I don't want to spend $99 to find out it's not what I expected. I really want to get Vista and can't afford full price so this would be awesome if I could get it since I can get more than just Vista.

This is why I am still skeptical. I went all the way to where you fill out you info and it didn't ask for anything out of the ordinary. Even $349 is a good deal if it's what I am thinking it is.

That's exactly my point. There are thousands of people that are probably waiting like you to upgrade to Vista or whatever. I doubt they'd just let you download it like that. There has to be a catch, but I can't find anything and I've read through the site already.

Went 1 step further and entered all my info and still didn't see anything out of ordinary. Just the extra charge for tax and asking for my credit card #. I don't see any strings attached yet, but I still don't understand the...
Full-version software for evaluation - without time limits
So the software is full version, but eval? What's up with the evaluation?

Went 1 step further and entered all my info and still didn't see anything out of ordinary. Just the extra charge for tax and asking for my credit card #. I don't see any strings attached yet, but I still don't understand the...So the software is full version, but eval? What's up with the evaluation?

Something is mentioned about this being for IT people and not really for people like us at home who just want cheap MS software.

Edit: To add, I guess they mean you can download full versions and test system stability, compatibility and other things. I don't know why they'd make it available without a time limit. -_-

Back
Top Bottom