Firefox 2.0

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
Does anyone else feel like Firefox has sold out? Even just a little bit.

I just downloaded Firefox 2.0 and did not appreciate the fact that right in between my Bookmarks and Tools menu there was a Yahoo! menu.

It advertised all of there services right in that menu. I don't use any of yahoo's services. I'm sure their great but I don't need them at all. And while its very easy to remove, I don't feel like it should have ever been there in the first place.

I'm sure they got a lot of money to put it in though. And they managed to name drop Google and Yahoo three times each in there 'Whats New?' section of the release notes.

I don't know I guess I just wish the people who make my internet browser didn't advertise products to me so blatantly.

I think your crazy, I've installed firefox in the last week about 5 times and their is no yahoo bar.

it's just business as usual. They're not making money from us so they turn to the money giants like google.

dude, there is no yahoo bar its an add-on go to tools/add-ons to disable it(i think) cuz i have firefox on all my comps and have installed it on other ppls comps and i have never had a yahoo bar

Firefox has been sold out for a while now. There are some better browsers out there.

that was effin hilarious.

@ MAyorRedBeard,

There is no yahoo bar coupled with Firefox 2.0. No, I personally don't think they've sold out at all. You probably installed the bar without knowing it, or some other way obviously. But the actual Firefox 2.0 download does NOT include Yahoo's toolbar.

I've never had any 3rd party software come with Firefox and I've used 2.0 for so long now. If they offer extra things during the installation I just don't tick any of them cause it's usually crap. Re-install?

Thats strange, I guess I must've installed it unknowingly. On my last version of Firefox I did not have that toolbar there, strange.

That's weird. I have been using FireFox for a few weeks, and is doesn't have anything like that. Have you ran a virus scan?

Back
Top Bottom