Socket 478 Motherboard, help me?

Delux

In Runtime
hey everyone, im sorry if this is in the wrong place, but this is my first post and first time on these boards, anyways,

my mother board is a:

chipset: Intel i845
southbridge: Intel 82801BA (ICH2)
LCPIO: NS PC87360

i was wondering what better processor i can put into the motherboard, because right now i have an Intel P4 1.6 ( i know old) am i able to put a pentium D inside?

PLEASE DONT FLAME ME:eek:

I think there are some Pentium Ds that are socket 478. You could at least get a faster P4.

Celeron D is just a faster Celeron. I'm not sure about Pentium D, I think it's one of those older dual cores.

Make sure your board can take those, though. If your wanting to play newer games (as in 2 years or newer) you might find that your motherboard just isn't good enough.

haha, we wont flame you ;)
but anyway, i dont think youd be able to get a Pentium D. but you could get this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116027R
Oh and how much Ram/memory do you have in your comp? The amount you have could be slowing you down also. If you dont know, go to google and type in cpu-z. download it, (you dont have to install it) open it up and it will tell you. come back and let us know how much you have, and we recommend some if needed.

haha, we wont flame you ;)
but anyway, i dont think youd be able to get a Pentium D. but you could get this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116027R
Oh and how much Ram/memory do you have in your comp? The amount you have could be slowing you down also. If you dont know, go to google and type in cpu-z. download it, (you dont have to install it) open it up and it will tell you. come back and let us know how much you have, and we recommend some if needed.

well i know that i definatley need more ram only got 384 :eek: but thats because i just figured out now my motherboard can handle DDR wich is cheaper then SD, right? also im about to put up my specs from the cpu-z

p2rg5.png

there we go

Back
Top Bottom