Car Thread!

05_rt_front.jpg

I want this for my first car.

Weak.

I agree. Putting a honkin' V8 engine and attaching a live axle in the rear isn't my thing. It might pull like a beast in the straights, but I care about the corners as well.

Independent suspension FTMFW! :D
Straights are what american cars do!! It's the overseas cars that work on the cornering, lol.

Stang is a good example, the vette, and of course, the viper. There are some vipers out there that pull 1200HP on the dyno!!!!! Thats freaking nuts! The exception of american drag/top end speed, is the gt40, that thing can do it all. Another example, is an American car holds the world record for the fastest OEM street legal car. Beating the bughatti with a chevy V8 motor. Shelby Super cars, with the Aero Ultimate. That car can probably handle pretty well too.

Yeah, I like American cars for the Muscle novelty. The classic Dodge Challenger and Charger, Chevrolet Corvette and Ford Mustang GT.390 Fastback are some of my favorite cars. I don't hate American muscle because they only pull well in drag races...I like them because of the brute, sheer power coming from a big block engine. Heh, the LS1 and LS7 are some of my favorite engines too.

But, I'd never own a classic muscle car though. I probably couldn't stand the handling of the car. I've always been a firm believer of lightweightedness and handling. Colin Chapman is an automotive pioneer if you ask me.

I've heard the corevette can handle pretty well, the wieght it actually 50-50 distributed. Lowered trucks can handle pretty well too from what I hear, but I like lifted ones, lol.
The dodge viper... I doubt it can take a turn from a stop, lol. With an 8.4L V-10, that thing is probably 90-10 weight distribution, lol.

Straights are what american cars do!! It's the overseas cars that work on the cornering, lol.

Stang is a good example, the vette, and of course, the viper. There are some vipers out there that pull 1200HP on the dyno!!!!! Thats freaking nuts! The exception of american drag/top end speed, is the gt40, that thing can do it all. Another example, is an American car holds the world record for the fastest OEM street legal car. Beating the bughatti with a chevy V8 motor. Shelby Super cars, with the Aero Ultimate. That car can probably handle pretty well too.

or just drop at 20b into the rx8, own ya in straights and cornering. ha

Hehe, I wouldn't mind having a 20B in an RX-8. :D

Hell, I wouldn't mind putting a LS1 in an RX-7 either. Small block V8 with tons of power. :D

Back
Top Bottom