Job interview

MikeReiner

Golden Master
I'm leaving in 45 minutes for my first job interview. It's at RC Willey, a furniture and electronics store.

It's funny, I turned in an application, waited about a week, then I called them asking about it. The person in charge of this sort of stuff never even saw it. So it was a matter of 'Oh, well I haven't seen your application, but come on in for an interview, you seem interested.'

I guess applications are only half the work in getting that interview these days.

lol......nice....i once dropped an application, and 3 weeks later, went in to see how it was going, and as soon as i get out of the car, not even 50 feet from the store, i get a call from them saying to come in for an interview. i chuckle a little, and say ill be there as soon as possible......the looks on there faces.

ne way....nice job :)

I guess applications are only half the work in getting that interview these days.

Yup, then once you get an interview you want to make sure you ACE the interview. Some places require you to do mutiple interviews if the job calls for it. The IT job I have now for my interview I had to set it up with 3 different people. from lowest to highest person then I had to 'prove' my knowledge about computers they disabled some printers on their network (these are huge machines starting @ 10,000+ 60,000 dollar machines) and wanted me to re configure and hook it up. I did it, and I did it fast (I instanty earned respect with that) I might not be good at paperwork but I do know how to run a computer pretty good. ;) Point is, if you know your shit and they give you a chance to show them what you know bust it out for them. Go all out show them whats up, thats what I did and I got the job right on the spot after doing that.

Back
Top Bottom