Should I Start a Newbies' Column?

waldorfpc

In Runtime
I was thinking of doing that for new computer users so as to avoid searching all over the forum to find answers to their questions and computer problems.

This column will address everyday common computer issues.

If it is fine with the mods, it would be a sticky thread in the general computer troubleshooting section. It would be updated weekly.

On this forum? There is already something like that, but it seems a little outdated. I think it's a good idea although it may not attract that many people. New people are most likely just going to make a thread no matter what.

Yes, i was meaning for this forum. I was just thinking of how to make the lives of newbies easier since to them, even simply using the computer can be like overcoming a treacherous storm.

I edited to add that I reviewed the reference thread. there is alot of good information: however, I feel it should be updated as new things spring about all the time. I'm also wondering why this thread isn't a sticky. More would find and use it. All the information is very good and still can be used and applied.

It is a sticky, it's in the General Computer Hardware And Software section.

I keep thinkint that there should be a tutorials section.

basic trouble shooting and advanced tutorials about how to set up software and stuff. it'd help bring in more traffic from searches.

If its your personal site I would add a F.A.Q if their isnt one already & #2 add a tutorial section show people can see from your site that your serious and you know what your talking about. If certified post it. If you have a college degree in it let them know. I have been wanting to add a tutorial section to my site just jhavent gotten around to it yet.

Back
Top Bottom