Anyone else see something strange here?

The large amount of guests are spiders from Yahoo updating its index of our pages.

AmericanSensei, give me a break. We are running vbulletin 3.6.5, 3.7.0 is STILL in beta testing so what would be the point in upgrading? Even when it is in a production release, there is always going to be later builds available but do you think it is practical to take down the forums, backup the db, and upgrade everything each time vbulletin does a weekly build? I don't think so and no one would want that. So shut up about upgrades, just shut up for 6 months about upgrades and when a significant upgrade appears that has a new feature then its time to talk about upgrades.

Install a captcha? Like everyone I do have a life and full time job outside of CF so forgive me if it doesn't get installed the second someone requests it.

The large amount of guests are spiders from Yahoo updating its index of our pages.

AmericanSensei, give me a break. We are running vbulletin 3.6.5, 3.7.0 is STILL in beta testing so what would be the point in upgrading? Even when it is in a production release, there is always going to be later builds available but do you think it is practical to take down the forums, backup the db, and upgrade everything each time vbulletin does a weekly build? I don't think so and no one would want that. So shut up about upgrades, just shut up for 6 months about upgrades and when a significant upgrade appears that has a new feature then its time to talk about upgrades.

Install a captcha? Like everyone I do have a life and full time job outside of CF so forgive me if it doesn't get installed the second someone requests it.
haha, I was wondering when you were going to get blunt.
So whats the deal with these white screens then? Updating every week would be pointless, yes, but if you updated once, and it got rid of those screens, it would be worth it.

Is it something else that causes it, not the software?...

I thought the captcha was a simple option in the admin cp?

and all those spiders? my gosh, yahoo is going nuts.... I wouldn't think we'd have that many spiders for us.... I thought it'd be like 10 or 20.... 100 maybe.... but 500!!?!??!

okay. I'm used to MyBB which has it built in.
*sigh*

you misunderstand,

it is built into VBulletin, just like it's built into mybb and phpbb et al...

the trouble is not that david can't click a check box, the trouble is that the graphics generation (GD2.dll) that lives in the php\extensions folder is not there...

additionally the PHP.ini file is not setup to use this library, (cause it's missing).

basically mybb wouldn't work in this situation either.

oh, I see now. thanks for the explanation.

as far as all those being Yahoo! I believe it now. you can see it at the bottom that they are yahoo slurp spiders or something like that. break out the insecticide.

well, people might do what i do, visit here when theyre bored, and when they see something that they can help, or remembered a question, they login and post

Back
Top Bottom