Jeep add-ons..

ya i thought about lifting, however i really just want to get this thing as close to oem+ as possible, if i do a lift it would be a very small one, i think ill just go with the regular looking headlights, and ill get the LED's just so it shows up a bit better, but i like tommy's idea of the side steps i think those would look awesome

but yea, i dont want it to look ricey, i just want it to look a bit more modern which is why i put the newer OEM wheels on it instead of the old gold spoke things

and as for rust, haha this thing is a rust bucket, in the back both quarter panels are rusted which im fixing next week over spring break, there is a hole in the back that im patching as well, i put all new interior including brand new leather seats, new carpet the whole nine yards, im just trying to get it as close to its original $26k pricetag as possible :) or looking that way anyway... i obviously know resale would only be like $5k, i plan on using this thing for first response after college so i want to keep 'er in tip top shape :)

Lifting would look REALLY good on that thing. Just do a 3" body lift. And some bigger mud tires with baja rims. You could keep those tires and wheels too so that if you want to sell it, and the person wants it stock, you could put it back.

You couuld also change the gearing in the axles, and throw a DANA 60 or something in there, make it durible, and put some 4.10 gears in there, so when you need it for first responce, you have that acceleration you need, lol.

Lifting would look REALLY good on that thing. Just do a 3" body lift. And some bigger mud tires with baja rims. You could keep those tires and wheels too so that if you want to sell it, and the person wants it stock, you could put it back.

You couuld also change the gearing in the axles, and throw a DANA 60 or something in there, make it durible, and put some 4.10 gears in there, so when you need it for first responce, you have that acceleration you need, lol.

ya, thats about the most popular setup, the DANA 60 and 4.10 gears, i think ill wait until college to do something like that, simply because i probably couldnt afford that ATM, lol, but i thought about doing just a simple block lift, i could get maybe a good 1-2" out of it, and it wouldnt cost me hardly anything since we have a s***load of scrap highgrade steel in our workshop :)

@lowndsey, dude i totally thought about that, haha, im gonna take it to a body shop over spring break so they can put a new clear coat on my hood and ill see how much black would cost, that'd be sweet IMO, then the black projector's would blend in and they wouldnt look gay, like they would on white haha

Yeah, a paint job would be a waste if it really doesnt need it... Put some fender flares on. Paint job will run about $2000 for the whole car probably. idk how fender flares look on a jeep though.

Yeah, a paint job would be a waste if it really doesnt need it... Put some fender flares on. Paint job will run about $2000 for the whole car probably. idk how fender flares look on a jeep though.

well its already got some, i thought about painting them black, but i think to do that and have them look good i'd need to buy plastic black ones, i think ill just stick with the white ones for now...

Your going to use your jeep as an ambulance???

lol no, what first resonders do, is they keep basic medical equipment and their bunker gear (fire suit) in their personal vehicles, so if they are at home and need to respond to an emergency they always have the proper equipment with them, it wont be an ambulance, simply a means of getting me to the scene, i plan on being a volunteer which means i dont have to spend tons of time at the station like full time paid firefighters do, i can be at home and still respond to calls, a lot more flexible that way... and frankly its better that way, because if we have first responders staggered throughout the area one is bound to get to the scene and begin treatment, before the actual firetrucks and rescue trucks get there

Back
Top Bottom