disc brakes on bike

Le 3eme oeil

In Runtime
Right now on my MTN bike i have the standard pad brakes that came with it and they are not that great.

I want to upgrade to disc brakes.
Anyone know how hard it is to put some of those on yourself? Also, they arnt that expensive are they?

its a 6061 heat treded al diamond back response mtn bike.

This bike (but mines green)
DB07-2_Response_Orange-f.jpg

I imagine it would be kinda hard since those bikes don't really have hubs built for discs...

I don't know much about bike brakes, but I say try upgrading your pad material before switching to discs.

I imagine it would be kinda hard since those bikes don't really have hubs built for discs...

I don't know much about bike brakes, but I say try upgrading your pad material before switching to discs.

Oh i thought those little holes on the fork and the back end were for disc brakes.

I see what you're talking about. Looks like you could mount a caliper there. But I don't know how you would attach the disc to the wheel.

Like I said though, before you break the bank, just change out your pads to a better compound and see how you like those.

I see what you're talking about. Looks like you could mount a caliper there. But I don't know how you would attach the disc to the wheel.

Like I said though, before you break the bank, just change out your pads to a better compound and see how you like those.

Ok, thanks for the advice.

You have to have special rims that are made for disc brakes. Most bikes that have regular linear pull brakes can't be upgraded to disc brakes without changing the rims.

Disc brakes are awesome though, put the front brake on too hard and it'll throw you right over the handlebars.....no joke.

You have to have special rims that are made for disc brakes. Most bikes that have regular linear pull brakes can't be upgraded to disc brakes without changing the rims.

Disc brakes are awesome though, put the front brake on too hard and it'll throw you right over the handlebars.....no joke.

I can do that with my standard breaks already, heh.

Back
Top Bottom