Good security suites

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
So my 60 day subscription is about to expire for Norton internet security and I was wondering what you guys would recommend for a security suite besides Norton? I want something good that gets updated more regularly than Norton and doesn't use as many system resources.

Well, Norton is decent in terms of protection, but is a little heavy when it comes to cpu usage. Pc-cillin is a great stand alone virus protector. But if your looking for a suite, Kaspersky is a solid choice. When I was on XP, I used ZoneAlarm Internet Security with great results. Only problem is, I cant use it anymore with my Vista 64 Bit.

i had only bad things to say about nortan

i use AVG and Kaspersky, and thats all i need :)

I love NOD32's anti-virus. It catches things Norton has passed up, and uses a lot less of your system. They have a security suite, but I've never played around with it.

I'd go with NOD32. I tried the NOD32 security suite, it's not too bad but I like the older and more complicated interface better. It does a good job of protecting though. Kaspersky and Zone Alarm are good as well.

Comodo. It has everything you need and it runs smoothly with automatic updates. Just disable the HIPS aplication thing that comes with it. It asks you permission to run everything command you give your computer. With that turned off, you will never see a virus in your life. And it rids spyware pretty well too. Especially if you clean private data everytime you close a mozilla firefox browser.

Heres a good free security suite:

AVG Free, Avast, Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, Hijackthis.

Keep Avast on as the resident scanner, and the rest scan at least once a week. Only use Hijackthis as a last resort to remove anything.

Also use CCleaner regularly to help clean up your registry and unused files.

avg and zone alarm work great for me.
its a pretty decent firewall, and when its set on high it works even better (like when your on someone elses network :p)

Avast in my opinion catches more than AVG, however uses many more system resources. And I always use zone alarms firewall. They're very reputable.

Back
Top Bottom