So i just upgraded to 20.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, your getting the real speed now :) Thats fast!!!
Somethings making me think you made this thread for show off purposes :p
I'll soon have 10Mb though...

meh...this is at my skool

244905254.png

That'll happen from time to time, don't worry.

Chances are, you may be on a shared connection with your area, and so, if a lot of people use it, you won't get the full connection.

Check at night, like after 8pm, and in the morning, and you'd probably get the full amount, as a lot of people tend to be on the Internet in the afternoon.

How far away are you from an exchange box? The closer you are to that, the more of the connection you'll get.

Also, is there anywhere closer than 100 miles? That ping is high for an Internet test. My pings from where I am are around 14-19, using the servers closest to me.

That'll happen from time to time, don't worry.

Chances are, you may be on a shared connection with your area, and so, if a lot of people use it, you won't get the full connection.

Check at night, like after 8pm, and in the morning, and you'd probably get the full amount, as a lot of people tend to be on the Internet in the afternoon.

How far away are you from an exchange box? The closer you are to that, the more of the connection you'll get.

Also, is there anywhere closer than 100 miles? That ping is high for an Internet test. My pings from where I am are around 14-19, using the servers closest to me.

Im not sure what you mean about the exchange box. No thats the closest one is 100 miles. Thanks for your feedback though, i think your right because late at night when I get home i get the full speed.

You won't have a guaranteed 20mbit pipe 24/7 it just goes UP to that factoring in tons of things.

a few things, your modem has to be docsis 2.0 complaint to achieve higher speeds. most cable companys can upgrade your speed over the phone with the change of a few settings, all the customer has to do is power cycle (unplug the cable modem & replug).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom