Come on.. A virus?

dakxxus

BSOD
Seriously. I havent downloaded ANYTHING in over 2 months!! And right after i got my new logitech headset i was on vent talking, and some random popup said "You should scan your PC" and gave me a link to DOWNLOAD SOMETHING. I am really freaking out i cant deal with viruses!! I am running the latest AVG free version, Windows Defender, and am scanning with windows malacious software removal. heres what AVG found so far, ill keep updating.

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5809/avgstatusrg4.jpg

Ive done all i can, ill check back if i get anything more.

Sounds like those are from the new update to SP3. Then why isnt any of my programs picking up whatever is doing this?!

sounds like spyware.
I suggest you download spybot s&d, update it and scan the computer. If it doesn't find what you are looking for then try scanning in safe mode.

sounds like spyware.
I suggest you download spybot s&d, update it and scan the computer. If it doesn't find what you are looking for then try scanning in safe mode.
Sure does, AVG has a free spyware scanner too

Then why isnt any of my programs picking up whatever is doing this?!
AVG anti virus won't detect spyware as it is not classed as a virus, Windows Defender is a piece of shit.

You also might want to give adaware and hijackthis a try. hijackthis will detect anything hidden in your processes that shouldn't be there. You can post the logfile at www.hijackthis.de and adaware is another spyware scanner that has been very good in my experiences. Windows Defender IMO is horrible, it doesn't seem to do much. The only good thing about it is the software explorer. Still it doesn't hurt to have it as a back up scanner, but using it as a primary scanner probably isn't the best idea.

You also might want to give adaware and hijackthis a try. hijackthis will detect anything hidden in your processes that shouldn't be there. You can post the logfile at www.hijackthis.de and adaware is another spyware scanner that has been very good in my experiences. Windows Defender IMO is horrible, it doesn't seem to do much. The only good thing about it is the software explorer. Still it doesn't hurt to have it as a back up scanner, but using it as a primary scanner probably isn't the best idea.

Um. I got this HUGE list of stuff. That only gave me a headache <_<

COMODO Anti-virus/firewall/BO Clean will keep your machine clean. Like I had spyware all the time. Installed COMODO, nothing. Runs very smoothly too.

Um. I got this HUGE list of stuff. That only gave me a headache <_<

Just copy and paste the log file at the site, then it will find the things that are bad. Then you look for the match in the results, and click "Fix selected problems." It seems hard, but once you do it the first time it becomes easier ;)

Back
Top Bottom