Failed to OC Q6600 need help

There is no speedstep thing in mine either. It is just automatic. When I do something that uses alot of CPU power it automatically Goes to my OC setting. If it is idle it goes below stock down to 2.1Ghz.

You saved your settings? I will let someone else help with that problem because it is a diff mobo than mine. I am also not the best person to ask since I just bought my Q6600 yesterday. I don't know how it all works yet but I know that I got mine working when it is under load.

@ nullifier, why is it rebooting three times when you save the settings?? You do realise that your ram is linked to your FSB and is running at 1066MHz don't you? did you increase the vdimm?? Loosen the timings??

Slight hijack:

There is no speedstep thing in mine either. It is just automatic. When I do something that uses alot of CPU power it automatically Goes to my OC setting. If it is idle it goes below stock down to 2.1Ghz.
Rubbish, it's there, I wish I had mine running, I'll dig out the manual.

It is speedstep, pure and simple.

EDIT: Just remembered that when you have Jumper free set to manual the speed step option disappears from the cpu configuration tab (iirc, working from memory again, :))

Look, there is vdrop, difference between bios and windows idle and there is vdroop, difference between windows idle and windows load, that is why your voltage readings are what they are, the voltage damper on the P5K vanilla doesn't work so you get vdroop. Your cpu will hit your oc speeds when required and drop back when idle, THIS IS SPEED STEP AND IT IS A GOOD THING, mkay, you understand now, if not ask the question in your thread and I'll reply there

im not sure y its rebooting. i think my ram is bad.. keep getting blue screens in the middle of nowhere, programs crashing

Any chance this may be the cause??

You do realise that your ram is linked to your FSB and is running at 1066MHz don't you? did you increase the vdimm?? Loosen the timings??

Have you run Memtest86+ on the ram to see if it is faulty?

Back
Top Bottom