Q6600 on stock heatsink and fan.

OTSS

In Runtime
Alright I just got a Q6600 with Arctic Silver 5 on the stock heatsink and fan. What would be the best stable overclock I could do? I am using a Sonata III Case with 500W Power supply and have the optional 120mm fan attached to the front. I also plan on OCing my 9600GT(so factor in that heat as well) Rest of specs are in my sig.

You should be able to get to 3.0GHz with no voltage changes. Download Coretemp 0.97 and PC Wizard 2008 before you start so you can see your temps and voltages.

Alright so with no voltage changes I can reach 3.0 but what about with voltage changes? My heatsink will not cool it enough?

Max temp says 100C
Core 0 33C
Core 1 33C
Core 2 31C
Core 3 28C

These temps are at stock 2.4Ghz

CPU Voltage says 1.04 Volts

Video card temp is 40C and hard drive temp is 27C

Make sure the multiplier is at 9 and change the FSB speed to 355. And set the Vcore at 1.25.

You have exact same mobo as me. Do you use bios to overclock because I couldn't find settings for it. Or do you overclock in operating system?

In the P5K bios Advanced Settings tab select manual for overclocking, then the multiplier setting also to manual (second line down?? I don't have my P5K system running so working from memory here) then select the multi you wish to use.

You should always overclock using the bios imo.

Nevermind I seen advanced tab but never thought the overclocking setting would be labeled jumperfree configuration. lol

Back
Top Bottom