DVD Drive not reading burnt DVDs or CDs

Well, I forgot to mention that I'm not getting any error codes, and the drive works fine with any non-DIY burnt CDs (like a game or something)

I have tried that solution a few times with no success. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers a few times.

When I put a burnt CD or DVD in, my computer won't open any programs while it is still in the drive. The green light on the drive flashes like it is reading it.

Do the burnt CD/DVDs work in other computers or players?

You could try cleaning the drive with a CD/DVD lens cleaner.

Have you reinstalled all service packs, updates and drivers including motherboard chipset drivers after the reinstall?

Yeah, everything is updated. I could go get Vista SP1 and see if that fixes it, but the site I have to get it off of is too fricking slow. It's not on Windows Update yet.

SP1 didn't do any good. Well, not with this problem, but it really helps with Vista.

System restore? Dude. Thats a little out of the question. I don't have the time or the patience to do that. I would be better off looking for a different drive.

Speaking of which, how about this drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151161

Its IDE, which I need (I would go for SATA, but I would rather have IDE since I will have an open IDE plug if I get rid of my problem drive), its cheap, it has good reviews, and comes from a good brand/ site.

Back
Top Bottom