I Think I've Been Taken for a Ride ... Please Let Me Know Your thoughts!

MODS. PLEASE DELETE THIS POST. IT WAS POSTED TWICE. I TRIED TO POST IT ONCE, AND WAS LED TO BELIEVE IT DID NOT POST THEN WENT BACK TO EDIT THE TEXT OF THE ORIGINAL TO DISCOVER THAT IT POSTED TWICE AFTER I FINALLY POSTED THE FINISHED PRODUCT. PLEASE PLEASE DELETE IT AND DO NOT COUNT IT AGAINST ME. I'M EXTREMELY SORRY FOR THIS. THE THIRTEENTH POST IN THIS THREAD IS WHAT I WANT TO STAY. THIS TWELFTH ONE HERE IS MERELY A MISTAKE.

Tom, yeah, it sucks. and, no, you are not lunie for caring about how other people are treated. More people need to actually do that, as few do anymore. Most people are very selfish these days and out for themselves.

I'm trying to get as much information as I can to frame him. While I do really suspect that there is an eighty percent chance he made this up based on what has come out so far, I want to be one hundred percent about it. I have a few mor pieces of homework to do to seal up this whole thing.

the good thing is though, I've planned out a way to get him back. no, nothing horrible. i'm just going to get justice, and here is how;

1. He called and said that the computer is broken. He told me the problem, and all that has to be done to fix it is that it has to be reformatted. Well, long story short, I told him to have it sent to me so I can do it, and I will send it back to him. (He says that his friend's family owns some company in China, and they will ship things for free of charge to him. It will get to his house, and his mother will ship it to me. That is what he says. I don't care, I'll get it. For now, i'll play along with the bull until the computer is safely in my hands.) and what is funny? I'll not ever send it back to him. I'm KEEPING it.

2. He called me from a friend's phone. i have the number logged into my cell phone. i'm going to call her and ask her some questions. (the phone belonged to the Irish man's wife that I mentioned above.)

3. Now, I'm using the email headers to track where he is sending me email's from. I know that you can figure out where they are coming from based on tracing the IP addresses.

I did ask for help on the forum here. Check out this thread at http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=68971 If you can contribute helping there, that would be wonderful.

I don't get mad in situations like this, I just get even. And, that I will be.

merged.

Good idea.
He must be stupid if you do actually get it back, because he must know you've found out by now

merged.

Good idea.
He must be stupid if you do actually get it back, because he must know you've found out by now

No, he thinks I'm stupid still. I'm still talking to him as if nothing is wrong though I've asked him some questions. So far, he doesn't suspect. I told him to send me the computer back to be reformatted. But, what he doesn't know, he will not get it back.

I'm talking to him as if things are as always. But, when I et back the computer, hell will break loose. And, do you know if I cansue for menntal anguish and emotional distress? I'd like to know because several of my friends said they'd go to court and witness, as they were also involved in this. I was not the only one betrayed.

I couldn't agree with you more. People are sick, especially if they can take advantage of someone in th way that he did to me. And, how are you going to put someone through a bunch of emotional termoil by telling them tons of bad news.

I did not cry in front of him, as I felt that I had to be strong for him. I mean, I treated him as I had treated my other friends who were dying. I felt if I cried, it would make it worse for him. But, now that I know, I could care less, especially if I get my computer. I'll tell him about himself and then some. I'll tell him about all the nights I stayed awake crying and losing sleep because he kept putting me on such an emotional roller coaster. And, that is not all.

I'll give him an ultimatum;

He owns several Civil War rifles that are worth in the millions of dollars collectively. I'll tell him that due to this anguish and distress, he needs to give me one million dollars: or, I'll do the following;

1. Take him to court and sue for four times as much bringing me to the figure of 4.2 million.
2. Exposing him to the media. They'd be all over that. That would make an awesome story for them to cover.

With one million, I'd just invest it and live off the dividends. I'd be set. We shall see.

I'm sure you could sue for some sort of fraud. Best bet would be to consult with a lawyer just to get all the legal things cleared up and find out if you have a strong case before taking him to court.

lol this is turning into a bit of a comedy act now. He hasn't broken any law. I don't see that sueing him would make you much better than him personally. Even though it would be laughed out of court...proabably wouldn't even make it there.

Why the F*CK would you build some random person you've never met an amazing computer.

I'm sorry, good hearted or not, you don't give away your home to a homeless man with a sob story.

Why not, what if you were in his shoes. I don't think you'll be answering because by the time you can this thread will be old.

Back
Top Bottom