Volvos

You know what get's me. Every time I take my Quad out to the Desert to ride, I'll come by sections of the Highway that are marked "Headlights On mandatory beyond this point" and it's clear as day, I don't get it. The road does not curve or have roundabouts, The road and other vehicles oncoming are clear and unubstructed.

It's to scare away the aliens. They are there for your own good.

You know what get's me. Every time I take my Quad out to the Desert to ride, I'll come by sections of the Highway that are marked "Headlights On mandatory beyond this point" and it's clear as day, I don't get it. The road does not curve or have roundabouts, The road and other vehicles oncoming are clear and unubstructed.

Just incase a solar eclipse comes into play? :D

Really? seems rather odd to me. While everyone is going on about climate change etc and then some cars go and do that.

climate change? Dude, I want what your smoking. ;) Seriously though, Tommy Boy hit the nail on the head with that answer. Thats exactly why.

They're called daytime running lights and just about every car here in America has them these days.

Exactly. ;)

yeah most cars have them, and to be honest I don't see why not. Sure it's not really necessary but it doesn't do any harm.

ohh and as for the climate change thing, I even saw some guy come to a car forum and he was like "I'm not a tree hugger or anything but is there any way to turn daytime running lights off since I feel like I'm wasting electricty because I don't need the lights during the day". :D

climate change? Dude, I want what your smoking. ;) Seriously though, Tommy Boy hit the nail on the head with that answer. Thats exactly why.

Exactly. ;)

I Guess they use more energy... So i see what David's getting at. Anyway, I'm off to sleep. Cya guys!

I Guess they use more energy... So i see what David's getting at.

Oh okay I didn't look at it like that now I understand what Admin is stating, my bad dude. I thought he was talking about like the Antarctica drying out or something. ;)

They do that to help see oncoming cars through the mirages that are a common occurrence along long stretches of road.

My mom always tells me to turn mine on because it makes you "safer." What. I highly doubt it, probably another coincidental statistic.

My car does not have DRLs, all the lights are on a manual switch. I rewired it a little bit through to let the fog lights run independent of the headlights, so I just turn on the fogs and leave the headlights off in the daytime. Maybe it will make those last a little bit longer.

As far as I can tell, all the GM cars have automatic amber DRLs. Don't know if Ford has done anything like that yet.

Well, when I was revising the Highway code, apparently motorbikes are meant to have there lights on in the day to help motorists see them.

Maybe they are making cars do the same...

Back
Top Bottom