Volvos

David Lindon

Golden Master
I was on my way home the other day when I noticed something weird - every volvo car has its lights on in the middle of the day. Is there a reason for this or something?

Yea, certain car manufactures do that. Like my cuz has a 2007 bmw 330 series and it does the same thing. I have a 2007 toyota camry does the same thing. Mostly all newer cars 2006 and up usually do this. Hell my girlfriends 2001 pontiac sunfire has it. ;)

Yea, certain car manufactures do that. Like my cuz has a 2007 bmw 330 series and it does the same thing. I have a 2007 toyota camry does the same thing. Mostly all newer cars 2006 and up usually do this. Hell my girlfriends 2001 pontiac sunfire has it. ;)

Really? seems rather odd to me. While everyone is going on about climate change etc and then some cars go and do that.

Because people that buy Volvos are crazy.

Lol

I hear that!

Really? seems rather odd to me. While everyone is going on about climate change etc and then some cars go and do that.

I hear that!

Lol, what do lights and electricity from the battery have to do with climate change? ^_^

They are always on, as a safety feature, by deafult. It's possible to turn them off, though.

They're called daytime running lights and just about every car here in America has them these days.

My car has daytime running lights, then when it gets dark, the headlights automatically switch to the nighttime setting (full power). The daytime running light setting isn't as bright as the nighttime setting because it doesn't have to be.

They are always on, as a safety feature, by deafult. It's possible to turn them off, though.
It is possible, but the only way to do it is to pull the fuse on the DRL module in the fusebox.

They're called daytime running lights and just about every car here in America has them these days.

My car has daytime running lights, then when it gets dark, the headlights automatically switch to the nighttime setting (full power). The daytime running light setting isn't as bright as the nighttime setting because it doesn't have to be.

It is possible, but the only way to do it is to pull the fuse on the DRL module in the fusebox.
Im pretty sure my dad disabled his (on a Volvo V40), without pulling any fuses?

You know what get's me. Every time I take my Quad out to the Desert to ride, I'll come by sections of the Highway that are marked "Headlights On mandatory beyond this point" and it's clear as day, I don't get it. The road does not curve or have roundabouts, The road and other vehicles oncoming are clear and unubstructed.

Back
Top Bottom