Trojaaan

I've downloaded SP2 multiple times. I have the crossfire motherboard from asus. No I have no tried resetting the CMOS, what does that do? I really don't want to spend money on a later copy of xp with sp2 on it, I would rather just use my copy, as I don't have much money to shell out atm.

Buy resetting the cmos is might get your USB hubs sockets working, to do it, you take out the little battery, its about 1inch in diameter on your MB, I don't think keep reinstalling windows is helping as this is a hardware issue I think, buy removing the battery you will be resetting your MB to its default so it should reactivate the usb sockets.

I just reset the MB by taking out the battery, I was told that it was reset to default settings and I continued, this did nothing and my keyboard/mouse are still not working.

My power went out hence no recent answers the past few days, excuse me.

Atleast 20 mins? No, but it said that defaults were loaded so I assumed it doesnt matter? Or does it?

If the defaults were loaded then it reset correctly. I'm sorry I can't help you with your USB probs, it must be infuriating.

Yeah not having my computer for a week is getting out of hand, reinstalling was a big enough project, now this is just massive and worse than ever imagined.

I am at a loss as well now, you have updated your drivers and reset the CMOS, reinstalled windows so the only thing I can think of now is your MB is faulty, I think you are going to have to take it to a shop and have it stripped down or something.

Well what do you think would cause this if it was working fine before, and then I reinstall windows and it just stops? Thats what I'm having trouble with, why would this start with a fresh install when it was already working before?

Another side note, the usbs work fine in bios and windows set up, however, only when you get to running actual windows things, like after the initial install when you go through all that setting up of like your name and stuff and registering, and then logging in / desktop does the keyboard/mouse basically shut off. So I wouldn't think it is the MB because they work fine in bios and everything up until the windows load / login.

Back
Top Bottom