BIG PROBLEM with new build!

killthenakedcat

In Runtime
I built a new comp specs are amd athlon x2 5000+ Black Edition, 2 Gigs OCZ platinum RAM, Antec 900 Gaming Case 500 watt power supply Nvidia 8500GT gfx card, 300 Gig Seagate Barracuda SATA drive and the Mobo is ABIT KN9 SLI NVIDIA Socket AM2 (940) ATX Motherboard.

The new build worked fine for a week and then i installed the new HD and restarted and no picture would display on the monitor. The HD is fine its in this computer I'm on now. The graphics card is fine because it works in the computer I'm on now and I checked both of the video card(PCI-E slots). The computer does turn on and I believe it boots but there is no picture displayed. I have reseated all components and checked the RAM sticks and they are good. Could I be a victim of a short or even ESD and what could the causes be?

do you have a password on your windows account ?

do u have vista or XP.

if u have vista and a password or without password jus turn it on and turn speakers on to hear if it boots.

if you have XP and a password you will need to try and work out how many tabs you will need before being allowed to enter password. if no password do the same turn on with speakers on and listne

i installed the new HD and restarted
What exactly does this mean? Does it mean that you installed the new hd when your pc was turned on and then you restarted?? If so.....biiiiiiggggg no no. Doing that may fry the hard drive.

This new hard drive, is it ide or sata? Did you add it as a storage (slave) drive and have you set the jumper correct if it's ide?

well the hard drive works fine and i installed it, then turned on the comp installed seagate tools and then it prompted me to restart so i did and thats when the problem occurred. It obviously has nothing to do with the hard drive. Its the processor or mobo i would suspect and I'm sure its not the graphics card.

Sounds like you might have installed it on Primary jumpers, instead of slave, or your BIOS is trying to boot from your new drive, try a different configuration.

yeah i had this problem with my old computer, but dident wanna buy anythign new since it was all socket a and stuff hahah but i wonder what it could be, check your parts to see if there burnt any, might be some jumpers misplaced, not exactly sure

Sounds kinda ovbious but did you try the old drive that worked? I'm not too sure you already tried everything I would have tried. What about bios, even though a hdd would have nothing to do with it it's something to check.

well I fixed it...the computer is up and running now...I don't know what it was and I have no idea but it works now and that is all that matters....I did some fiddling around and I got a picture! then I put the HD in a booted up and it got me into windows so hell yeah!!

Back
Top Bottom