Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much all bulletin board software allows for IP address checking and blacklisting, vBulletin (what this site is using) included. Every post is logged with vBulletin, phpBB, IPB, etc. and you can definitely block by IP address or IP range. The only thing is it's easy to change your IP address and blocking an IP range could block out potential members that live around George with the same ISP. He could just use a proxy anyway.

Yeah, that really makes sense. I actually didn't think of that.

Sorry, this is robably one of the few times i'll say something really negative, but he is stupid. I have no patience for stupidity.

maybe he should be let back then. If the rules were changed for Mcbob why should they be different for george . Maybe he is sorry and maybe he has changed....Bob did. He has good enthusiasm

Yea, I think I would give him a chance since I got one. But if he ***** up again hes out, just like me.

he has had more than enough chances, and i am fed up cleaning up after his spam accounts.. he is not welcome here.

I never got to meet this George dude. Therefore you cannot take my reply into account if this thread turns out to actually make a change. IMO though, the rules should be equal for all, but again to a certain point. Since I also don't know what DarkNight got banned and came back, I'm going to use him as an example.

Suppose DarkNight has no bans gets banned and makes a new account, apologizes and comes back. George should not be allowed back then, because George made multiples instead of 1.

Now suppose the setting is the same as the previous, but DarkNight made multiple accounts. Now it is only fair that George has a chance to get back.

With that said, it is up to the mods and the people that were around when George was around to figure out what needs to be done.

A permanant ban is a permanant ban George. You commited the crime(s) now you have to suffer the consequences.

I am not sure if this forum has this capability: however, some forums enable you to see the IP address for which the accounts were created. Plus, the IP address is logged on every post. If this forum has this, it would be a great help. I'm not sure though.

Some free forum software you'd really want to check out is found at http://forum.snitz.com/ It is highly configurable, and there are many benefits.

I'm not sure if it is too late: but, you could possibly move the accounts and the like. Pardon my ignorance on this one, i'm not sure if that is possible to move all the accounts and that: but, it was just a thought. I do not believe that this forum software has the rep system as this forum does. At least I've not seen it in use on the forums taht use this software. That would be what I'd hate. I think our rep system is cool.

And about that George guy, what in the world is the sense of replying to help threads with lack of common sense answers, especially if he doesn't even have the answer to begin with? I'm usually the kind of person who is very level headed and tries to find the good in even the worst people in reason: however, this is nuts!

Yeah we can see all that info, however it's easy to use a different IP. We detect george by the amount of stupidity in the posts.

He always says he's sorry, then when he doesn't get his way he spams up the forum. He's not sorry and he will do it again. He's an idiot and obviously doesn't get the message that we don't want him back. Dudemcbob has changed his ways and did not abuse his second chance. George on the other hand, has been given many chances and has abused every single one of them. I don't think letting him back is a smart idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom