Why Time Is Wrong

im not sure if metric "time" comes under the International "Metric" standards which you americans still havent adopted ;) goodness knows why :D

no it doesnt, metric time is far from being included in the metric standard.

metric everything else is perfect, metric time needs some adjusting

yes but in the long run we will encounter problems a large problem will be the time the seasons of the year start since 0 BC we have lost 12 days . therefre in the future the seasons will get further and further out. because the earth doesnt change its orbiting speed but we are miss calculating it by rounding it up and ignoring the 9 mins 9.54 secs every year

LOL the seasons are already screwed up and time has nothing to do with it. Its called Global Warming!

The last several years we have not had spring and fall just winter and summer. Sure you can call it springtime but when theres snow on the ground and I've got a coat on its winter.

Then the next day you wake up and its 70 degrees outside.

Even if you did manage to get those 12 days back it still doesn't change the overall changing weather patterns of the earth.

Thats a very interesting concept you have there!!

As for the javascript you could do it with the SetTimeOut function at set the time out to 864 milliseconds. This would then call a function to ++ the seconds counter.

function UpdateTime(){
settimeout(UpdateTime(), 864);
MetricSeconds++;
}
window.onload = UpdateTime;

The above is pretty much phsedo code as I haven't got time to check the syntax and I'm sleepy already

Thats a very interesting concept you have there!!

As for the javascript you could do it with the SetTimeOut function at set the time out to 864 milliseconds. This would then call a function to ++ the seconds counter.

function UpdateTime(){
settimeout(UpdateTime(), 864);
MetricSeconds++;
}
window.onload = UpdateTime;

The above is pretty much phsedo code as I haven't got time to check the syntax and I'm sleepy already

10:22 and your sleepy davi, tut , tut.

lol n e ways thanks for that im a complete novice when it comes to javascript, so is there n e chance of a complete script :)

Many thanks

Edit. i have this javascript for a clock,
<html>
<body>
<script language="Javascript">

var timerID = null;
var timerRunning = false;
function stopclock (){
if(timerRunning)
clearTimeout(timerID);
timerRunning = false;
}

function startclock () {
stopclock();
showtime();
}

function showtime () {
var now = new Date();
var hours = now.getHours();
var minutes = now.getMinutes();
var seconds = now.getSeconds()
var timeValue = "" + ((hours >12) ? hours -12 :hours)
timeValue += ((minutes < 10) ? ":0" : ":") + minutes
timeValue += ((seconds < 10) ? ":0" : ":") + seconds
timeValue += (hours >= 12) ? " P.M." : " A.M."
document.clock.face.value = timeValue;
timerID = setTimeout("showtime()",1000);
timerRunning = true;
}
//-->

</script>
<body onLoad="startclock()">
<center>
<form name="clock" onSubmit="0">
<input type="text" name="face" size=12 value="">
</form>
</center>

</body>
</html>

can i change that so it will do my forumular of (hX60+m)X60X1.1574

This is a remarkabley intersting concept. I have heard of a metric time system before, but its nice to finally get a more detailed understanding of what it actually is. I wishyou the best of luck with it

Hmmm, so do you want it to display the current time in metric or just a timer in metric?

well my original idea was to get a metric counter, now id like to get the current time as of today and convert it into metric

Back
Top Bottom