30 Days of Night Review (Blu Ray)

First if your into vampire movies I highly recommend picking this up. This isn't your standard cult type vampire movie that looks to make vampires cool with stupid punch lines.

This movie is simply about vampires doing what they do. And that is brute killing!

The setting takes place up in Alaska in a small remote town. As the title applies the town is getting ready for 30 days of night. Without giving much away as night proceeds the vampires make there way into town and start slaughtering everyone.

There are some unique scenes and overall its shot pretty well. One overhead scene reminding me of the Jason Bourne series was really good with vampires chasing the towns people around while the vast majority of the snow was stained with blood.

My only real gripe with the film is the huge jump in days at some points.

As far as acting goes they did a good job picking the cast and everyone nails there parts.

Picture and Audio quality on this picture are outstanding an look wonderful in 1080P. I still remember cranking up the contrast when they do a shot of the sun going down in the beginning of the film across Alaska's landscape. I felt like I was there it looked that good!

Now back to the killing. If you have a weak stomach this probably isn't for you since there are some pretty gory death scenes. For those that like blood gushing from peoples necks and watching people get there heads chopped off with axes what are you waiting for? Go pick it up because its for you!

I'm just waiting for part 2 now!

Back
Top Bottom