Inspirational Quotes

Winston Churchill, UK Prime Minister after WW2, what he means is that millions of us owe our freedom to the few who fought for it in the war :)
No, actually he was talking about everyone owing their freedom to the RAF, who defended you guys in the Battle of Britain...

3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
3:2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3:3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
3:4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
3:5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
3:6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
3:7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
3:8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

-The Holy Bible, Ecclesiastes 3

This is truly one of my favorite passages of Scripture, personally I can find so much comfort within the verses of this passage.

That was made into a beautiful song by The Byrds.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country."

Not exactly sure who said it, but I wanna say JFK.

Thanks so much to all who have contributed to my thread so far. After discovering what I did today, this thread was exactly what I said it was--a wonderful source of encouragement. I look forward to what anyone else might add. So far, so great. Some even made me laugh.

Back
Top Bottom