western digital 500gb sata hdd's

decision fish

Baseband Member
WD Caviar GP WD5000AACS - hard drive - 500 GB - SATA-300

WD Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS - hard drive - 500 GB - SATA-300

hi, could you guys help me out, which is the better drive out of these two and are there better wd 500gb sata drives available.

thank you guys.

decision fish

WD5000AACS is just tad bit better, but nothing you would notice a difference off of

thanks jason, what makes it better, i couldn't see the difference?
and are there better ones again (WD)?

Arn't the GP just more energy efficient?

I got 2x 500GB AAKS and 2x 320GB AAKS drives and all 4 of them get awesome speeds and no problems so far :)

WD5000AACS is just tad bit better, but nothing you would notice a difference off of

Why are they better?

If you want faster speed, there's Western Digital's Raptor drives that operate at 10,000RPM, but they're more expensive and the highest storage capacity so far is 150GB. If you're not worried about that, go for the 500s. They'll suite you fine.

If you want faster speed, there's Western Digital's Raptor drives that operate at 10,000RPM, but they're more expensive and the highest storage capacity so far is 150GB. If you're not worried about that, go for the 500s. They'll suite you fine.

thanks ghost yeah, i'm just interested in which would be the best 500gb+ western digital drives, need more storage

WD is a very good brand I would go with either one. I didnt know samsung made HD's lawl.

Back
Top Bottom