Finally! A new computer in my hands!

Ok. Let me explain again. I don't think I'm being clear and I apologize. My dad is buying me a laptop to use with programming environments, 3D studio max, opengl, and stuffl like that. Also for school use. But I want a decent enough of a card to run warcraft3 and counter strike. Now something else just popped up into my mind. Because it's not going to be just for gaming, but some other stuff previously mentioned, how would a nvidia quadro serve me instead of a geforce 8xxx?

I wouldn't think the things you're doing would warrant a Quadro card. The Geforce series would suit you fine.

Oh ok. So 2.2GHz @ 800MHz wouldn't suit me? Darn. There's a HP pavillion that I can get to 2.4 @ 800MHz. But that would mean coughing up the 8600M GT for a 8400M GS...

Ok. Thank you very much. Seems like I'll be going with the XPS then. Just need to get that into my dad's head. Shouldn't be very hard. lol. He loves technology. No wonder he became a VR Manager...but yeah. thanks for all the help.

Dude, I was checking out the XPS. Turns out the one I saw for $1300 wasn't equipped like I thought it was. I guess the page refreshed or something. It's around $1500 which my dad is not going to buy. I'd like to know what the disadvantages the Vostro has compared to the XPS. Will I see a big difference?

Yea a 2.2Ghz alongside the 8600 GT, and you'll fly through 3d work, plus you should get gd resuts out of WC3 ad CS

Dude, I was checking out the XPS. Turns out the one I saw for $1300 wasn't equipped like I thought it was. I guess the page refreshed or something. It's around $1500 which my dad is not going to buy. I'd like to know what the disadvantages the Vostro has compared to the XPS. Will I see a big difference?

Google XPS discounts.

Back
Top Bottom