Trojaaan

Have a friend who lives close and has access to the internet, or an older computer that you can use? Thats probably your best bet if you can't get to your internet service.

Thats what I started with, I went to the one to download and install on multiple computers, which led me to the Developers / IT professionals. The other one leads me to the microsoft update which basically only runs for the computer your on, which would only help this computer and it doesn't let me download SP2 to install.

Can you not get SP2 from torrents anywhere? And please stop double, triple, and quadruple posting as you'll be getting trouble from the mods. It doesn't encourage people to help you at all.

I got SP2 from two different microsoft sites, they didn't work. I haven't tried torrents yet but that will be my last and final option if nothing else works. This isn't my computer and its someone elses who isn't too into downloading stuff, esp torrents.

I would stop double triple and quadruple posting if it didn't take over a day to get one responce, and I'm not saying your responce isn't helpful, but really if you read above you didn't help in answering anything at all because I know I can download it, I already did, and when I transferred that and two other windows files it said they were corrupt when installing them. So really, if you were in my position of not having a computer that's yours to use for almost a week now, you would understand why I'm bumping this more than an average person would. And the fact that I see some users helping 6+ people at the same time, and then my post just goes to the bottom because no one wants to help me for a week pretty much just blows ontop of that.

First of all you should calm down, getting yourself flustered wont help you, keep BUMPING and you wont need help as mod or member will report you, lets start a fresh, if it takes time to answer you that will be because either we are not sure ourselves or members haven't seen the post(because they are not on line )
Why don't you just buy a later copy of XP that has sp2/3 with it, there are lots of sites to get XP service pack2, have you got it yet? what Motherboard have you got? Have you tried resetting the CMOS by taking out the CMOS battery for 30 seconds then putting it back in.

I've downloaded SP2 multiple times. I have the crossfire motherboard from asus. No I have no tried resetting the CMOS, what does that do? I really don't want to spend money on a later copy of xp with sp2 on it, I would rather just use my copy, as I don't have much money to shell out atm.

Back
Top Bottom