Trojaaan

Well, reinstall your mobo drivers. Look for themon the net, google it. Maybe XP didn't catch them all.. If you said the net didn't work either...

Sounds to me if the windows installation went wrong, did you try again and see if the OS installed the USB drivers second time round, your mouse and keyboard are they plug and play or wireless?, did you get an installation disc with them?,as for your Internet, you installed the modem software & drivers and have put in your ISP SETTINGS & PASSWORD? go to device manager, is there any yellows there? if so click on them and see what it says.
You can also try going into the Bios and checking that your USB ports are enabled in there.

Bump, I've already tried reinstalling like 4 times, I'm trying again with nothing attached, my keyboards have always worked without the CD so yes they are plug and play however they do have a CD with them aswell, same with my mouse.

How does one do a complete reformat also?

Well, I just put the XP disc in then as soon as it loads the set up screen I follow the instructions till it says install xp, then It asks where to install it, I select the drive, it tells me I already have a installation there so do you want to erase it, I select yes and it wipes the drive then goes straight to the install process, I have every thing disconnected (printer, scanner.camera) except my keyboard, during the installation it searches for plug and play devices and install the drivers accordingly, once the install is complete I install my firewall & anti virus then put my motherboard disc in and install my graphics and sound drivers, my modem is not effected as its a router and stores all the settings in it which xp locates immediately after install is complete, the only thing I have to do is configure outlook express. hardware such as th above are installed last with the software disc that came with it, finally I run windows update to get things fine tuned thats it, once i am happy then I use Norton Ghost to copy my drive so if I have a problem like you in the future I just restore from my ghost image and I don't have to go through reformat process from scratch.

Just finished reinstalling again. I did the normal reformat this time but that did nothing different. I checked the bios to see if USB is enabled and it is enabled for everything, including mouse / keyboard. My keyboard and mouse works for everything, bios, reinstall, etc up until when I boot up and get to the login screen. Anyone have any ideas?

Windows isn't assigning a driver to your USB devices. Can you find a PS2 mouse anywhere?

Ok, well I so far accomplished booting up and getting them to run, but I need to get service pack 2 downloaded and installed to set up my internet, it won't let me install from the disc without files in SP2, how would I go about getting SP2 on my computer?

Back
Top Bottom