Theory time

Kage

Golden Master
Theory test tomorrow at 2:45 UK time!
Wish me luck! :)
Going to book my practical after it too, for around May

Sorry, driving :)

We don't do driving in the UK as an extra to school or anything.

I don't even go school/college/university anymore.

This is completly seperate. If I pass the entire thing in May, that'll be brilliant :)

good luck dude. its easy enough. i did the theory last july or something. and ive passed my test. just need a car :(

the theory is easy you'll pass first time and i know a girl that failed her practical driving test by driving over a roundabout within the first two mins. crazy i know and hard to believe but her boyfrined a very good friend of mine insures me that it is true. infact the driving examiner had to get out of the car and check it over for damage

Yeah, I've done a few mocks this morning, and have passed the 50 questions with ease each time, and as for the hazard perception, the DVD I got can't be the most brilliant for it. Low quality stream, and it seems to expect you to see a hazard before its even there.

For example, a car coming up the sliproad, supposedly too slow for you, yet, you don't really know its going too slow until its moved in, to change lanes.
So... Its hit and misss to wheather I get the full 5 marks, or 3-4 with those.
A few times, I've only managed 2 marks, and even 0 because I've pressed too early, before its supposedly viewable

So do a lot of people not drive in the UK? I'm asking since you said you were not in school anymore, and you don't really see too much of that over here in the states.

No, loads of people drive in the UK, but theres no driving schools, while you are in school for education. You do it seperatly.

I passed anyway :) Thanks for the support.

I got 50/50 on the question part, so that was no problem what so ever!

and I then got 65 out of 75 (pass mark was 44 for this part) on the Hazard Perception. That is pretty easy, but I don't really like the way the test works. The videos weren't even DVD quality, and so signs weren't exactly readable from a distance like they would be in real life, and so, you missed small signs of things happening ahead.

Out of the 14 videos shown, there is 1 video with 2 hazards. The rest only have 1, each marked out of 5

I got 9 out of 10 on the one with 2,
8 videos out of 13, with 5 points, 1 clip with 4, 3 clips with 3, and 1 clip with 2!

So I think I did pretty well indeed :D Especially since I only started really revising for it 2 days ago, when I got the DVD for use on PC. It shows how much of the questions asked are actually just plain common sense. Only around 100 of the so 964 of the questions need to be remembered, for basic rules only. Haha, but the test was exactly like the one on the DVD, even up to the images shown, so, yeah, made it really easy.

Going to book my practical now for around May

Back
Top Bottom