so i think newegg sent me a dead PSU

Is there multiple "ON" switches on your case/mobo?

I had a similar problem a while back.

Is there multiple "ON" switches on your case/mobo?

I had a similar problem a while back.

no..i thought it could be that..but i took the psu out and plugged into a bunch of a diff sockets..even used a diff extension..and nothing

Well then it could be an issue with the power switch on your case. Are you sure you had the power wire connected properly?

if it was the case..would it have turned on when it was plugged into every other outlit? and yes the power wire is connected right

Oh ok. I'm going to be investing $1115 on a laptop. A lot of money. I don't want anything to go wrong.

yeah man you will be fine, and in the very small off chance, you can always contact newegg tell them whats up and they you can send it back and you get a new one.

if it was the case..would it have turned on when it was plugged into every other outlit?
If the jumpers to the case buttons are not hooked up right, or one of the standoffs are shorting out the system, no it wouldn't have turned on even if it was plugged in to an outlet.

If the jumpers to the case buttons are not hooked up right, or one of the standoffs are shorting out the system, no it wouldn't have turned on even if it was plugged in to an outlet.

yes i just double checked with the booklet that came with the mobo..everything is correct

Back
Top Bottom