What kind of pings do I need for online play?

superman22x

Golden Master
What would be considered good ping for online play on PC and the 360?

Currently I am getting like 160 after a couple tests just now. Is that good enough for a lot of games? I am going to go try BF2142 right now. But usually it doesnt work for me...

im not to sure, but i have been kicked for high pings on that game, and it was something like 190, but i believe it depends on the game, for pings, i can play WoW and have a ping to be like 350 and be fine, also it depends on the server i think in that game, i havent played it in a while so i dont remember

I don't know if this is just me or not but I like to keep it 80 & below which is kinda hard. But that's how I like to roll.

ya, really, ne thing under 100 is a good start

on CSS, my avg ping is like 60, and on bf2, 80-120

thats a really good range

You know your ping is too high, when for instance in a driving game, and your opponent suddenly dissapears or shakes about, or well...appears in front of you causing you to crash.

Aren't you glad our brains don't suffer from ping, eh?

Aren't you glad our brains don't suffer from ping, eh?

Lol. That is something I will probably quote, excluding now as I am using it as a reference.

But yeah man. You will know when your ping is to high. Like you're playing cs, you shoot but the guy moves 5 steps instead of 1 causing you to miss...

Lol. That is something I will probably quote, excluding now as I am using it as a reference.

But yeah man. You will know when your ping is to high. Like you're playing cs, you shoot but the guy moves 5 steps instead of 1 causing you to miss...

Or Call of Duty 4 on XBOX.... You're running down Bog or something and the enemy APPEARS for a second right in front of you...then disappears. Then you die from a silent grenade... lol.

Or Call of Duty 4 on XBOX.... You're running down Bog or something and the enemy APPEARS for a second right in front of you...then disappears. Then you die from a silent grenade... lol.

Yeah man, bog is a lagfest. Everyone skips it on ps3. (Edited out for fanboy reasons :p by I, Kage)

Back
Top Bottom