Tigerdirect and the E8400

graw2

Baseband Member
I just spoke to someone at Tigerdirect.com to cancel my order for the E8400 and I asked her when they will be back in stock and she said by the end of next week. I don't want to wait that long so I think I am going to buy the q6600 and maybe overclock it to 3.0ghz. I figured you would like to know this.

yes we do , its very easy but wait till you have finished building it .
then come back and we will help you :)

have you ordered an aftermarket cooler? if yes, what kind? You can probably go up to 3.15 Ghz or maybe 3.2 if you have a good cooler. Im at 3.15 right now and 925 mhz memory.

I bought the arctic cooling freezer 7 pro from Newegg. How hard is it to overclock? I am a noob when it comes to this. I don't want to damage anything.

very easy , just have to raise a few numbers.
that cooler looks good enough for overclocking.
as long as you monitor your temps and they dont go over about 60 under full load you wont damage anything

just post a thread when you get your build if you need any help. Built my first build like 3 weeks ago, so i was a n00b at it too.

I think it's worth the wait.

Agreed. Specially if you're going to use this rig for game. As worshipme has stated many times. C2D is much better than C2Q as games are not designed for C2Q. Also, this is hearsay, but the E8400 should be overclockable to 4.2GHz.

Well, I put in my order for the q6600:eek: I hope I don't regret it. I think I can still cancel but I really don't want to wait. I am kinda impatient. If I had a computer store near me, I would pick everything up myself rather than ordering online. I really don't like waiting on stuff.

Speed is the enemy of perfection.

edit: This quote was changed from "Speed is the enemy of IMperfection" to what it is now. I accidentally typed it up wrong lol. So if you gave me props for the original quote, guess I don't deserve it anymore lol.

Back
Top Bottom