Command Prompt Problem

I don't see anything with that link...

I actually have no idea why nothing works.. maybe a virus? Disabled everything? I know you can do that.. see if you still have administrator privilages - then I'll go through unlocking and locking cmd :D

Can I assume that you actually have the IP config executable in your c:\windows\system32 folder?

If the executable is there and it still says it's not recognised then your path variable is wrong.

default your system path variables should be
PATH=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;

you can find this by typing path at the command prompt.

Can I assume that you actually have the IP config executable in your c:\windows\system32 folder?

If the executable is there and it still says it's not recognised then your path variable is wrong.

default your system path variables should be
PATH=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;

you can find this by typing path at the command prompt.

I don't think this will fix his problem, I don't think he would of even tried to edited this folder in anyway before his problem occured.

Before messing around like this just try typing in ipconfig/all

this may resolve your problem

I don't think this will fix his problem, I don't think he would of even tried to edited this folder in anyway before his problem occured.

Before messing around like this just try typing in ipconfig/all

this may resolve your problem

if his system doesn't like ipconfig, says it's not recognised as a command then how will adding a switch to the unrecognised command help?

ipconfig runs the ipconfig executable (located c:\windows\system32\ipconfig.exe)

ipconfig /all runs the same executable but with a switch...

ipconfig = not found
ipconfig /all = not found but with an added switch...

if the system can't find the executable then surely the best approach is to check that the file is actually there, and not deleted.

then if it is there check that your system variables (PATH in this case) is set correctly so it can find it.

I suggest that you try to replicate this problem. I can only think of two ways to do this, move or remove the ipconfig executable or type path=c:\windows at the command prompt to cripple the system variable.
both of these will replicate the problem.

assuming that ipconfig /all will magically make the program accessible why not try some more switches there are 9 to choose from. but all require the ipconfig.exe file to be available to start with!

Back
Top Bottom