Trojaaan

BGates14

In Runtime
I got a Trojan I'm almost positive. I am unable to open up my computer or any folders what soever, so I don't really want to do a fresh boot yet. Well technically I don't want to period, but I atleast want my files first. Does anyone know anything I can do? I downloaded the 30 day trial of the nod32 safety secure thing and virus protection and its obviously still there cause my computer is still having problems, any help would be great, thanks.

I got a Trojan I'm almost positive. I am unable to open up my computer or any folders what soever, so I don't really want to do a fresh boot yet. Well technically I don't want to period, but I atleast want my files first. Does anyone know anything I can do? I downloaded the 30 day trial of the nod32 safety secure thing and virus protection and its obviously still there cause my computer is still having problems, any help would be great, thanks.

One at a time download, run, then uninstall Avast, AVG, Kaperskies trial, and TrendMicro. Don't forget to run those in safe-mode, and make sure you only have one of those AV's installed at once because a lot of them conflict with one another.

If you have a virus one of those programs will find it. And if it tells you the name then it becomes a lot easier to remove; even if the program itself can't remove it.

Post the scan results here, if you don't want to do a full format try a windows repair instead.

You could restore it :p unless the trojan is hiding in there. If you can't disable it. Once you catch it it's done fore, in some cases :D

Alright well I just restored I figured out how to get most of the files I needed off. However, when I did a clean boot it was weird, the windows xp disc didnt go through the normal process, some of the questions and steps were different, and it didn't end with that nice guy helping you through registration.

All of my usb ports seem to not recognize anything, i.e. I can't use my keyboard or mouse, I have to get my old keyboard and mouse that go in the green and purple plugs, and even then still have to restart my computer to recognize them. My internet isnt installing correctly, even with the drivers and everything that I downloaded on another computer. So basically nothing is right and I'm worse off after the reboot, any sugestions? I have no idea where to go from here as nothing is working right.

BGates14, I personally apologize for myself not seeing this sooner, as I was experiencing almost the exact same thing. Well, I had a trojan virus as well and did a complete restore, but that went flawlessly unlike your problem.

Only thing I guess is the virus was so malicious, that it really screwed over your HD. One thing you might try is a complete reformat. I did, and then I used my restore disk, and then I upgraded to Vista Ultimate.

Other than that, I don't have a clue. If you can, do a reformat.

Back
Top Bottom