Windows Live Messenger error

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Hello,

I am unable to log in into my Windows Live Messenger. It started happening absolutely from nowhere. I started up my computer, it automatically logged in 4 me to the Live messenger, I then closed it, because I didn't want to get bothered, but after 1h I tried to logging back in and;

LiveMsger.jpg

Things I tryed, (I dont use wireless)

1st Turning off windows firewall (I do have windows live messenger added to the list)
2nd Reinstalling the messenger
3rd Running connectivity test with in the messenger (all green checks)
4th changing the password on the messenger
5th Downloading all the latest windows updates
6th spyware/ad-aware using spy-bot
7th Tried starting the messenger in safe mode
8th Restarted my router
9th I tried to log in using different computer (my work)

I think a day or too, b4 this happened it was asking me for update, not sure if I installed it or not...but maybe it has something to do with the new version? V8.5.1302.1018 . Anyone have a link for the older version? Can you guys help me out plz, and don't tell me to get like trillion or what ever; I just want my live messenger back. :)

Thanks.

***UPDATE***UPDATE***UPDATE***UPDATE***UPDATE***UPDATE***UPDATE***UPDATE***

Wile at work I decided to create a new WLM Account, just to check if I would be able to log in, and guess what? It worked. This is very strange….I have the ability to log in into both accounts using the website, but can only log in into my *New(fresh) using the Messenger. I had tried changing email address/password on the website, but still cant log in to my Main Messenger…(On my “Main” account I can change the email address, the one that u use to log in with, but with my new one, the one that I just created I cant, the link to change the address it is just not there, not sure if it means anything.…) When I try to Log in to my main, this is the new error that I get:

LiveMessenger.jpg

I will try that when I get home, but I have already tried the majority of these options.

That happens to me all the time. Sometimes when my cable get's unplugged (cat5) then I plug it back in.. sometimes it just happens. I just give it time.. the next day it usually works. And if the cable gets unplugged just restart and it will work..

I think I'm Cured!!! At least my work computer is able to connect.

Last step that I did is I went to Start-Run and CMD and "ipconfig /flushdns" Lets just hope this same command will fix my home comp.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Get a new IP :p or repair your connection or something. I know it works but do it anyways lol...
You still have Windows messenger on your computer? Try that..

Back
Top Bottom