Mac or microsoft

jaycool1995

Solid State Member
hi
Wondering what os to go for, i am hoping to use it alot for like homework and film making.
Also i will do the occasional gaming.dont know that much about it
gt a buget of about £1000. and hopefully get a nvidia video card.
thanks

Why just consider Mac or Microsoft? You could dual boot a Distro of Linux, and Mac or Microsoft. Linux has a lot of good software for film making and editing, too. I use Ubuntu, which is good for beginners.

I would recommend XP for Windows if that is what you choose only because that is most compatible with most games right now.

As for Mac OS I would get leopard if you can afford it, but Tiger still holds its own.

Actually, I tri boot. I use XP x64 for games, Vista Business for browsing, music, and multimedia editing, and Linux for all of it, just under Linux's roof ( I use Sabayon x64)

sdaly macs are aazing for media (films and creation) but as far as gaming (using openGL) they suck, alot of games are compatable with windows and word is great for homework use (on both). I would use XP and WMM for films and such it will prove to be better later on as far as what it goesthat you need.

sdaly macs are aazing for media (films and creation) but as far as gaming (using openGL) they suck, alot of games are compatable with windows and word is great for homework use (on both). I would use XP and WMM for films and such it will prove to be better later on as far as what it goesthat you need.

You got it reversed, Mac's are great with OpenGL, but have an inability to play anything made in DirectX, which is most games now.

Hence, Linux with Cedega takes care of that honestly. Both Macs and Linux OSes goes with the same engine...although, MAC is UNIX to he!!.

Problem with Wine is that it doesn't really work well if intensive games. Cedega offers game oriented emulation and DirectX engine. Wine does not.

You could also try Crossover, but it's not like Cedega either.

cool ill try it ive wanted linux but im a huge gamer so this could be what i need to make the change to it thanks

Back
Top Bottom