VISTA SCREEN BLANK - Please Help - VERY Annoying!

dwmcc

Solid State Member
Hello All,

I have an HP DV6105US Laptop with an AMD Turion 64 and NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 Graphics Card. I have dual-booted Vista and XP but my problem is with Vista (Arrrrghh!) :mad: . This happens in vista after every login or whenever Vista's stupid security advisor needs to ask for my permission to "Cancel" or "Allow" running some program. Now, whenever one of theese things happens, the screen goes absouletly black for around 30 sec to 1 min. Then, everything comes back like nothing ever happened. While the screen is black, the fan still runs and the lights are still lit like the computer is running, just the screen isn't on. I've messed around with tons of different settings and just can't fix it.

Any Help at all would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks,
Dwmcc

Does this happen every time that you try to run a progam now, or is it just one program?

It only happens when I press Control+Alt+Delete, when I log in after the lid has been closed or the computer has been locked, and when I run a program that "Vista Security Advisor" has to ask for my permission to open (Eg. After downloading a program or file and running it, Vista's Security Advisor asks me if I want to "Cancel" or "Allow" running it. The blank happens for a couple seconds while the machine is switching to the security advisor.

Sorry for the cryptic message!

Hope this helps :confused: ,
Dwmcc

Back
Top Bottom