building my new rig, help me

Ok here is a pic.

videocard.jpg

I don't know what I am doing wrong.

I didn't think it would be this hard building a computer.

Argh blurry! From here, it looks like your video card is not seated correctly. Also, take a picture showing more of the back of the case to see the relative position (if you can). Make sure to focus on the case so it's not too blurry. Plus it doesn't need to be zoomed in as this. I have to pick up my brother from track practice in 10 min. I'll be able to help you in like 50 minutes when I get back (I don't know exactly when it ends). Meanwhile, I'm sure the guys here will get it fixed for you.

That does look like the video card is not in correctly. I had same problem with a new 9600GT. The metal piece that screws in the back of the case was bent near the bottom. I just bent it back in place and then it fit perfectly. More than likely this is not your problem as this is rare but I wouldn't rule it out.

Okay guys, I finally got the video card installed. Guess I wasn't holding my mouth right:) Thanks for the help.

Now I might try and start tackling hooking all the wires up.

Okay, a few of the wires are rolled up, would I need to unroll them? Here is a pic for you.

wires.jpg

I figured keeping them rolled up would keep it cleaner and more tidy.

It would. You want it to have just enough length to reach everything comfortable. You don't want it so it barely reaches and you don't want to so there's surplus.

I have been trying to figure out the wiring. Man is it confusing. I have not idea what goes where. Is it possible to plug something in the wrong way?

I looked through the directions but they are not very good help at all. It doesn't tell me where anything goes.

Back
Top Bottom