My inexpensive good build.

OTSS

In Runtime
Check it out. I am getting bare minimums here but not skimping on the good stuff.

Case = ANTEC Sonata III /w 500W PS
Mobo = MSI P35 Neo2-FR
Processor = Intel Coreâ„¢2 Quad Processor Q6600
RAM = 2x Mushkin HP2-6400 High Performance DDR2 SDRAM, 2GB Dual Pack
Hard Drive = SEAGATE 500GB Barracuda 7200.11 SATA II w/ NCQ, 32MB Cache

The grand total for that here in canada is $776.76

I already have a cheap old CRT monitor and a 9600GT for my video card an older pioneer CD/DVD burner and Keyboard and mouse and extra 120mm fan for the case

That's not a bare minimums, that's a nice build! But make sure you don't skimp on the PSU.

He's pointing at the PSU already in the case... Probably a generic brand unless Antec cases come w/ Antec PSUs. Make sure it's a good brand PSU in the case, if not, get another PSU.

Yeah it is the one that comes with case it is a
EarthWatts 500 Watt power supply (80 PLUS® certified)

it should be good for now as I am on a tight budget right now and I am going to build a gaming rig in the summer.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/PID-MX18605(ME).aspx

This is the power supply I am getting for my gaming rig in summer. I am overclocking the current build to about 2.8-3.0Ghz. Is my power supply ok for that?

I got this case specifically because it came with a Power supply. Otherwise I woulda got the Antec 900 with above power supply.

When I get my gaming rig I am getting a 9800GTx2 and same cpu (unless newer one hits same price point) but OCing it to 3.6Ghz on a thermalright ultra 120 extreme.

The earthwatts is an excellent psu, will be more than enough for what you are running.

This is the power supply I am getting for my gaming rig in summer. I am overclocking the current build to about 2.8-3.0Ghz. Is my power supply ok for that?
Wow, yes definitely. PC Power & Cooling is probably the most reputable currently around.
The Earthwatts range isn't the best Antec has to offer, but I'm sure it would be fine as long as you're not going to be doing much overclocking.

Wow, yes definitely. PC Power & Cooling is probably the most reputable currently around.
The Earthwatts range isn't the best Antec has to offer, but I'm sure it would be fine as long as you're not going to be doing much overclocking.

Actually, the earthwatts are one of their better psu's

Back
Top Bottom