S-ata

ict tech

Solid State Member
Right, Seriously.
This is just beyond a joke now.
i am trying to get rid of Windows Vista:mad: and intall Windows XP Pro but when I boot the disk it won't let me install it.
I have an Intel 943GML (Calistoga) + ICH7-M. Supports Intel GMA 950.
40GB S-ATA HDD. And no, I don't have a floppy drive for F6.
Can someone please tell me what EXACTLY I have to do, I have tried using n-lite numerous times, but I am getting nowhere.
I also haven't been told by anyone where to get my drivers:mad:
Please tell me what to do.
Thank you so much;)

Cause it's awful, plus I work with Windows XP Pro so it's easier.
Anyone got any suggestions?
PLEASE?

Well my first question would be is this a prebuilt system that came pre installed with Vista?

If so and your trying to remove it and install Xp there is a good possibility that there are no drivers for Xp. Lots of people have been complaining about this but the systems were built around Vista and they just don't provide any support for Xp. In which case I'd recommend adjusting to Vista since your not going to have any driver support.

Was this a upgrade from Xp to Vista?

If so and you went through the upgrade process you surrendered your Xp key when you upgraded to Vista. You would need to purchase a new copy of Xp.

Now if you have a regular Xp cd and your system had Vista Pre Installed but your prebuilt offers Xp driver support.

You should be able to pop in the CD and restart your computer. At which time set your bios to boot it from the CD. When prompted hit any key and do a clean format and install XP. Make sure you back anything up on Vista before hand since this will erase all your data.

After the install go ahead and install the drivers.

I suggest making sure you have driver support and download drivers before you install your OS though.

If I was you I'd suggest learning Vista. SP1 is out and its been getting excellent reviews for speeding up various aspects of Vista. It is a new interface but after you learn it, its much easier to move around than XP.

Put it this way I've been using Vista for a while now and when I get back on a XP system I have to think were to go for a moment.

I already tried using a normal XP Pro disk, I get an pci.sys error?
It came preinstalled with Vista, then I put XP Pro onto it, but I ain't got the disk no more, I then put Vista back onto it, I now want XP Pro back.
Anyone got any ideas?
Please - This is driving me nuts!!!

Back
Top Bottom