Car Thread!

seems so..

my thing on the 350z and RX-8 debate...

well the 300zx was a very heavy car too so i mean thats nothing new...but all cars seem to be getting really heavy now-a-days anyway...but the RX-8 doesnt have any get-up-and-go power till like 4k RPM (i mean not-no power but the rotary you need more RPMs...)

the 350z makes a nice amount of HP for its 3.5L engine at 306HP at 6800RPM and 268lb-ft tq at 4800RPM for ~28k vs the RX-8 at ~28k with 232 HP at 8500RPM and 159lb-ft of tq at 5500RPM

id personally take the G35 over the Z but between Z and RX-8, id take the Z and I love my little Mazda 3 I have now lol so its not like I don't like mazdas...hahaha

EDIT: forgot to include weight: 3919 Gross for Z, 3810 Gross for RX-8

all specs off of Edmunds.com

Here is my ride bit of a n/a sleeper

DSC00276.jpg

DSC00280.jpg

Wanna race ;)

I think this summer I will modify my truck. But idk if I will do any engine work. Be nice if I could drop a 5.0 in there. My friends dad usually gets junked cars, so maybe if they get an explorer I will check the engine, and see if they will drop it in my ranger for a couple hundred dollers. Other then that, I will install a body lift, 3.73 or 4.10 gears in the back, a track lok or posi, and 31s. Bfgoodrish mud terrain hopefully.

DSC00904.jpg

fe8d7ede.jpg

I think this summer I will modify my truck. But idk if I will do any engine work. Be nice if I could drop a 5.0 in there. My friends dad usually gets junked cars, so maybe if they get an explorer I will check the engine, and see if they will drop it in my ranger for a couple hundred dollers. Other then that, I will install a body lift, 3.73 or 4.10 gears in the back, a track lok or posi, and 31s. Bfgoodrish mud terrain hopefully.

converting to a V8 from a V6 would be pricey. And, although more expensive, I would recommend a suspension lift. It just looks so much better rather than having that big gap between your frame and the body.

Rotary engines have a shorter lifespan even if looked after.

The 13B-REW has a shorter lifespan than normal piston engines, but the performance per litre is unparalleled.

The Renesis has been improved, so it is quite reliable nowadays. The FD on the other hand...now thats a money pit. But ohhh so worth it. :D

You seriously going to try and tell me that this doesn't count lol

0107081735.jpg

Granted I havent been around for a while.

and you haven't technically been driving it. lol unless you've done a lot of work on it that I don't know about :D

seems so..

my thing on the 350z and RX-8 debate...

well the 300zx was a very heavy car too so i mean thats nothing new...but all cars seem to be getting really heavy now-a-days anyway...but the RX-8 doesn't have any get-up-and-go power till like 4k RPM (i mean not-no power but the rotary you need more RPMs...)

the 350z makes a nice amount of HP for its 3.5L engine at 306HP at 6800RPM and 268lb-ft tq at 4800RPM for ~28k vs the RX-8 at ~28k with 232 HP at 8500RPM and 159lb-ft of tq at 5500RPM

id personally take the G35 over the Z but between Z and RX-8, id take the Z and I love my little Mazda 3 I have now lol so its not like I don't like mazdas...hahaha

EDIT: forgot to include weight: 3919 Gross for Z, 3810 Gross for RX-8

all specs off of Edmunds.com

Your specs are all wrong:
1st: Nothing new about the power, its a drivers car that was MADE to run in the upper RPM's, not the lower. So if you want power you need to down shift and plenty is there, believe me. I've test driven both cars and although the 350Z make "feel" faster, its hardly that. People tend to confuse the torque with it being SOOOOO fast. Remember now you're also talking about an 1.3L vs 3.5L. MPG's aside, if an RX8 had a 3.5L Rotary, it would be pushing out like 500HP.

2nd: Your weights are wrong, the RX8 doesn't weigh anything near 3810. Its much closer to 3000 flat and the 350Z is about 3200-3300. I've personally been on the street in my own car against several 350Z's and I'm telling you its drivers race every time.

I also have plenty of videos that can show you a STOCK RX8 keeping up with a Z06 and Porsche 911 on tracks.

Just a quick FYI to everyone for knowledge purposes, the RX8 has also won over 37 International Awards.

Rotary engines have a shorter lifespan even if looked after.

Where did you get that information from? Check out the Rotary forums and you'll really see how long these engines can last without any major work being done. I'm talking well into the 200,000's.

Back
Top Bottom