Inspirational Quotes

waldorfpc

In Runtime
I love looking at inspirational quotes. They are a wonderful source of encouragement. What are some inspirational quotes that appeal to you? I'll start with some that I like;

To the world, you may be one person. But, to one person, you may be their world.
Author Unknown

I have spread my dreams beneath your feet. Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
W.B. Yeats

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
Henry David Thoreau

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers
of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.
Lanston Hughes

He who has learned how to obey will know how to command.
Solon

Where there is no vision, the people perish.
Proverbs 29:18

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George Patton

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.
Jawaharal Nehru

The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it.
Plutarch

The future depends on what we do in the present. - Mahatma Gandhi

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.
William Shakespeare

There is no impossibility to him who stands prepared to conquer every hazard.
The fearful are the failing.
Sarah J. Hale

We learn wisdom from failure much more than success. We often discover what we will do, by finding out what we will not do.
Samuel Smiles

I was never afraid of failure, for I would sooner fail than not be among the best.
John Keats

It is foolish to fear what you cannot avoid.
Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes.
Publius Syrus

He that is down needs fear no fall.
John Bunyan

Never let the fear of striking out get in your way.
George Herman "Babe" Ruth

One who fears failure limits his activities.
Failure is only the opportunity to more
intelligently begin again.
Henry Ford

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one.
Elbert Hubbard

Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortunes; but great minds rise above them.
Washington Irving

Our greatest glory consist not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
Oliver Goldsmith

I'm interested to see what yall will contribute.*

Never was so much owed by so many to so few

Winston Churchill, UK Prime Minister after WW2, what he means is that millions of us owe our freedom to the few who fought for it in the war :)

Our moments of inspiration are not lost though we have no particular poem to show for them; for those experiences have left an indelible impression, and we are ever and anon reminded of them.

~HDT

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory

Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.

Never tell people how to do things.
Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.

By perseverance, study, and eternal desire, any man can become great.

General George S. Patton, Jr.

3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
3:2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3:3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
3:4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
3:5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
3:6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
3:7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
3:8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

-The Holy Bible, Ecclesiastes 3

This is truly one of my favorite passages of Scripture, personally I can find so much comfort within the verses of this passage.

"Don't demand or expect that events happen as you would wish them to. Accept events as they actually happen. That way peace is possible."

-Epictetus

Another of my personal favorites, I try and live by this one daily.

"Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.
All things are bound together.
All things connect."

-Chief Seattle, 1854

"What is life?
It is the flash of a firefly in the night.
It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime.
It is the little shadow which runs across
the grass and loses itself in the sunset."

Crowfoot, Blackfoot Warrior and Orator

Here is one of my favorites.....:)

Winners and losers aren't born: they are products of how they think. You never hear of mothers giving birth to lawyers, doctors, scientists, ministers, or bank presidents. They give birth to sons and daughters. What those individuals become is a matter of the choices they make. You ultimately decide whether you succeed or not. --lou holtz

" the meaning of life is to exist and to exist as your own person. Yourself, away from the masses huddled together imitating each other to search for a meaning, doomed to nothing, emptiness and stupidity. The meaning of life is just to be you and not the person next to you."

Didn't say who the writer was.

All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

Thinkers may prepare revolutions, but bandits must carry them out

To be old and wise, first you have to be young and stupid.

Back
Top Bottom