Sharing...

Wrestling103

Solid State Member
i am trying to share my wireless network connection and recieve an error upon doing so. i know i am doing it right because i have done the same procedure at my cousins and it worked flawlessly. I go to Network connections-> Local Area 1(Wireless Connection)->Properties->Sharing->Tick the box, after i tick the box it says that i cannot share the connection because another computers ip address is 192.168.0.1

Any ideas

-Thanks in advance.
pic.php

pic.php

Do you know if there are any other wireless networks that could be interfering with yours? Or is his computer connected to a DHCP server through his isp that needs to be disabled.
Go to Newtork Connections ->LAN connection( or which ever one is hard wired) ->right click ->disable, or disconnect.

Even if there is a small signal that is being picked up the DHCP server will have a problem.

You can do a trace route, in command if you need to find where the ip is coming from on his computer, too, if needed.

Well, i m not sure about his computer, mine is connected via wireless router to my desktop. the one i m trying to share(mine/laptop) displays the error i posted a picture of now.

Ok, that isn't an error. That is just asking if you want to enable connection sharing. If you click yes, it says that you will have an ip of 192.168.0.1. That is all that the message says.

Ok, that isn't an error. That is just asking if you want to enable connection sharing. If you click yes, it says that you will have an ip of 192.168.0.1. That is all that the message says.

look at the other picture it says an error has occured a computer already has an ip of 192.168.0.1

Back
Top Bottom