Prime95 stressing too much?

you wont need the extra voltage if the cpu is running stable.
run prime95 for a few hours and see if it does crash,
then up the voltage

UPDATE: Its stable with 1340 FSB (3015Mhz) and 893 Mhz MEM. Memory voltage is put up to 2.1 v and CPU voltage at 1.2875 V. Should i adjust these anymore? How do i adjust the northbridge voltage in the bios? i dont see any option in the bios. I only see CPU Core, CPU FSB, Memory, and nforce SPP in the system voltages in the bios.
Why is your RAM at 893MHz, what ratio are you using? You should should be using a 1:1 ratio if you're OC'ing with 800MHz memory. And what multipier are you using?

Switch to a 1:1 ratio.

Sync mode you mean? when i switch to 1:1 my memory is the same as the FSB which is abnormally high. Sync mode makes it so when the FSB is sayyy 1600 the MEM is 800 Mhz.. Is that the right mode?
When i switch to 8x and 1600 FSB (3200Mhz) and Memory 800 mhz its not stable. the highest the fsb voltage goes up to is 1.4 and that is what it is set to. Dunno whats wrong...

I have a corsair dominator memory cooler so i dont see there being a problem i think...

Hmm, it's strange that it's not stable at 400x8. You can normally go that high without out tweaking the voltages very much. Could you take a pic of your BIOS screen with your overclocked values set?

Hmm, it's strange that it's not stable at 400x8. You can normally go that high without out tweaking the voltages very much. Could you take a pic of your BIOS screen with your overclocked values set?

alright ill do that when i get home. Do you want me to take a pic of the current settings? and the current voltages?

Back
Top Bottom