Driver question

Celticsfan

Banned
Currently I have a cga monitor with the correct drivers for the video card. I was planning on downloading updated drivers for my video card for the LCD monitor to see if it had compatible contrast settings with my PC and the LCD monitor. If I do this will I be able to revert to my prior settings? I assume I can but I just wanted to be sure.

I appreciate any positive responses. OS is XP Pro.

Lol... my bad.

I'm sure you could revert by just setting it back to default and uninstalling the drivers.

But then, I never have installed any type of driver for either my old CRTs nor my current LCD monitors.

I guess I should pay attention to what I am typing instead of watching 48 Hours Mystery so much intense.... lol. Sorry

It would be a good idea to use the latest video card drivers as newer versions tend to address corrections and bugs with older versions.

The reason I ask is I want to see if the new drivers have resolution rate of 1680 X 1050 because the highest resolution rate i currently have is 1600 x 1200. Do drivers deal with this or is it the card itself?

That may be the limitation of the monitor. You usually only get the settings the monitor will support.

What monitor are you using?

The reason I ask is I want to see if the new drivers have rate of 1680 X 1050 because the highest rate i currently have is 1600 x 1200. Do drivers deal with this or is it the card itself?

Usually that's a mix between monitor and video card max.

Back
Top Bottom