Car Thread!

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the Z anymore. Back when Nissan was still Datsun, the 240Z was just AWESOME. Fast, light and everything a sports coupe should be. Then it just started being built for fat American asses and now its getting heavier and heavier. Also, like ccasmoe00 said, theres nothing in the car that excites you...the Renault engine just drones and you just get bored when you look at the car.

Like I said, I'd buy the RX-8 over the 350Z in a heartbeat without a second thought. It's unique, light, quick and I just love Wankel Rotaries. :D

Lightweight, compact and they put out a lot of horsepower for the size. For example, the RX-8's Renesis rotary engine is about 1.3 litres, but it puts out about 230-ish horses. They also rev insanely high...the RX-8 redlines at 9000 RPM.

The rotary gives the RX-8 a big advantage in handling also. Because it's so compact, Mazda can fit it towards the middle of the car, which gives it a near 50-50 weight distribution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1BWv7iPFUg

The Mazda 787B is so awesome...the only Rotary powered car to win the 24 Hours of Le Mans and the only Japanese-American manufacturer to ever win Le Mans. Heh, it was so good that rotaries were banned the following year cause they were too advantageous. :p

Lightweight, compact and they put out a lot of horsepower for the size. For example, the RX-8's Renesis rotary engine is about 1.3 litres, but it puts out about 230-ish horses. They also rev insanely high...the RX-8 redlines at 9000 RPM.

The rotary gives the RX-8 a big advantage in handling also. Because it's so compact, Mazda can fit it towards the middle of the car, which gives it a near 50-50 weight distribution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1BWv7iPFUg

The Mazda 787B is so awesome...the only Rotary powered car to win the 24 Hours of Le Mans and the only Japanese-American manufacturer to ever win Le Mans. Heh, it was so good that rotaries were banned the following year cause they were too advantageous. :p

I know, when I heard it was banned, I laughed!!!! Also many don't know this, but a Japanese Racer helped design the RX8.

It has less moving parts as well...

Yeah, instead of having a piston and all that, it's just a convex triangle that rotates. The only downside I see that the Wankel has is the fuel consumption. They're so uneconomical. :p I heard with the FDs sometimes you could smell the petrol coming from the exhaust cause the 13B didn't burn it all. :p

I know, when I heard it was banned, I laughed!!!! Also many don't know this, but a Japanese Racer helped design the RX8.

Yeah and I think the CEO of Mazda was also a former race car driver.

Yeah, instead of having a piston and all that, it's just a convex triangle that rotates. The only downside I see that the Wankel has is the fuel consumption. They're so uneconomical. :p I heard with the FDs sometimes you could smell the petrol coming from the exhaust cause the 13B didn't burn it all. :p

Yeah and I think the CEO of Mazda was also a former race car driver.

Yeah, but that loss of a couple of miles is soooooooooooooooooo worth the thrill of driving it!!! lol

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the Z anymore. Back when Nissan was still Datsun, the 240Z was just AWESOME. Fast, light and everything a sports coupe should be. Then it just started being built for fat American asses and now its getting heavier and heavier. Also, like ccasmoe00 said, theres nothing in the car that excites you...the Renault engine just drones and you just get bored when you look at the car.

Like I said, I'd buy the RX-8 over the 350Z in a heartbeat without a second thought. It's unique, light, quick and I just love Wankel Rotaries. :D

no real offense but it sounds like you've been watching a little too much Top Gear. lol, it's kinda funny because everything you said is exactly what the guy on Top Gear said almost word for word.

But anyways, i understand that the guys from Top Gear know what they're talking about so I'm not saying anything you quoted was wrong.

Heres a GREAT(Very Fair) opinion of the RX8.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRiPSlx8PxA

pretty sweet, im impressed

Back
Top Bottom