Again, Mirror for Laptop.

Captain Pooka

Daemon Poster
Ok, I got my harddrive in. For those of you that don't know, I have a laptop with a small hdd and I wanted to put everything on the new hdd.

I have Acronis*True*Image*Home 11.0 and I made a mirror of it, but the only thing is, I'm thinking (it would have been easy with a desktop) I have to have the Acronis*True*Image*Home 11.0 program on another machine and run the mirror off of that machine onto the new hdd. I can't do that in a laptop :p

Can you do it over a network though? By hooking a desktop and a laptop by a crossover cable - Run the mirror onto the new drive over the network...

I need ideas..

Oh, it's a .tib file.. I don't think you can just pop it in the laptop when I put the new hdd in like a recovery disk..
And for the external hdds ideas, I have an ipod that I use for one, I can't run the file off of that, I would have to hace windows on it,,,

why not just copy all the files accross over your network over night?
surely the new hdd has an os on, or one can be put on?

What do you mean, from within the OS.. I wont have one on my new hdd,,

I'll just network the two, try to make my laptop a slave to my desktop. Then if that doesn't work, I'll use mstsc or some remote desktop program and do something with it. Then if that doesn't work :p I don't know... lol

alright! I'm using a dummy copy of vista, not going to register it - just download whatever that program's called and run the mirror. (I put the mirror file on my ipod. Going to put it on the new hdd that I put the dummy copy on andrun it..)

But I don't know how that program works.. :D I hope it works lol

Success. Now, this hdd did not come formated. So there are lots of goodies :D I'm going to list them to see if you guys know what they are :D
btw, it goes ALOT faster now that I have 55gb free other than 1gb free on my hdd :p

Oakley THUMP firmware
CONEXTANT
Interactual
Mars
WebRoot
Viewpoint
MSXML 4.0
Ahead (has a BUNCH of different Nero stuff in it. and coverdesigner)
BigFix
DIFX
Napster
Synaptics
Symantec, Norton, AND Macafee - looks like full versions too.
--I needed these two - microsoft active sync and microsoft office.

Man, "no one" had to crack anything to get full versions lol...

Any idea what this stuff is take a shoot. I don't know how to get things that are on that partition of the drive onto the start menu (all programs) .. any ideas? thanks

-Q
Oh, also it came with windows on it already, but it did not work. So I put my own on the other partition. How do I get the windows off of the other partition? Just delete the folder? Right now I have it as dual boot - both windows. How do I get the dual boot off? As I said - the original one does not work. If I have to format is there anyway to get the programs I want off of that partition before formatting? (besides that ghost thing, takes foreeeevvverrr, but I will do it if I shall.)

Wow, I have no control over what's on the other dudes partition at all. it's not on the add/remove programs.. I can't run anything because it's still trying to run off of the old OS that doesn't work... Am I forced to reformat it?

Back
Top Bottom