School computers

Wow I somehow changed an admin pass:

1. Start>Run. Type 'compmgmt.msc' w/out the quotes.
2. Local Users & Groups.
3. Users.
4. Right-click on the account, 'Set Password'. Boom youre done.

Someone else in class asked me if this would do it so I tried it and it worked lol. The tech guy doesn't even know he can change it back from any account.

deleting documents is criminal (dataprotection act). that'll be why the police were involved.

yes they still make RM machines. I used to buy these when I worked in the Uni as they were generally [one of] the only ones I could get approval for as they were cheaper than Dell.

the RM machines they make now are better though.
on one of our networks all the pc's say "rm" :confused: never really knew what it meant.

i was going to ask, do you think if i sat near a window with one of the school laptops it could possibly pick up someone else's Wi-Fi?

i was going to ask, do you think if i sat near a window with one of the school laptops it could possibly pick up someone else's Wi-Fi?

This would be quite possible if there were wirless signals available. Although most wireless signals are secured for security and you would need a pass code to access the wireless signals.

Ah, my school sucks.
Theres a four to five year cycle where we get new computers every 4 to 5 years. Well the High School gets the new computers, the 2 Middle schools get the computers that are being replaced in the High School, and the elementary schools get the hand me downs from the Middle schools.

So in the end we are going to have C2D CPUs in the next round of CPUs when where using Windows 97 and windows 2000NT. And I found out from my Computer teacher for beginning Microsoft word that where not moving to XP for another 4 to 5 years.

That plus they blocked Google images cuz everyone knows what they search on that. -.-'

I really never have known how to do all the network tricks and stuff, like shutting down someone else's system through the Command Prompt. A lot of people had done the thing where you hit Ctrl + up or down to flip the screen, I never really had known how to do that either. Probably better I don't know a lot of that stuff, I'm not one that likes to get in trouble. As for OC'ing a CPU on those systems, most schools probably have prebuilts which have the BIOS locked anyway. My school gets only HPs now w/ AMDs. The last Intels that they got were P4's. Then they went AMD 64 for a year and now they have X2 2GHz CPUs as the best systems. My school gets new systems every year, but not for every place. They replace them a little at a time. They may just replace several computer labs one year, or teachers old systems. This year the library got some AMD X2s.

For the wireless question, if you are at school, chances are you aren't going to get anyone else's signal anyway. Probably too far away from anything. If you did pick up an unprotected signal you should be able to connect though. I keep my wireless signal unprotected because we're in the middle of nowhere anyway. No one else even on the road can pick it up.

People at my school at least in one class just got to all the unblocked flash game sites. If one gets blocked they all move to another one. Right now half the class plays a stupid helicopter game. One guy in there seems like he would die if he doesn't get his daily dose of flash games... I got a copy of AOE2 on my flash drive I copied from the student public drive. That's better than flash games. If there's nothing to do I'll just play that.

WOOT for age of empires 2, thats all we play in my programming class. but our school has wireless internet, i forgot if it is secure or not, i want to say its not.

Back
Top Bottom