S-vdeo quality

So un-creative.

:confused: A? why so un-creative,

you may have mis understood me,

i meant, if you playing a video on VLC media player on screen 1, then drag it to screen 2 and the video goes blank, while the video is on screen 2 still click the stop button, then click play agai.

it always works for me, i didnt mean to be sarcasting and be like stop what your doing and play the vid on right screen

S-video is not capable of transmitting HD content...

I know the issue was resolved i just figured id let you know why you had to change your res for S and not DVI

component (Blue, Red, Green) is capable of doing HD if you have that option too.

To get the movies to display on your T.V. you can switch the settings so the T.V. is monitor 1. Or what I like to do is go to my NVIDIA control panel>modify full-screen video options> and have the T.V. display full screen, so once you play a video it opens full-screen. I'm not sure what kind of card you have but that's what Nvidia has always done for me.

I have the same problem with S-video on my hdtv. Thats why i use the VGA cable. Luckily my hdtv has a VGA input :)

S-video is not capable of transmitting HD content...

I know the issue was resolved i just figured id let you know why you had to change your res for S and not DVI

component (Blue, Red, Green) is capable of doing HD if you have that option too.

it will transmit it jus not in HD, i had my 32 " LCD HD tv connected to my comp through s-video for a long time and have played severa 720 P and 1080 I films and trailers,

it will transmit it jus not in HD, i had my 32 " LCD HD tv connected to my comp through s-video for a long time and have played severa 720 P and 1080 I films and trailers,

well yeah thats what I meant. it can transmit video just not HD Content.

thanks for clearing that up.

i think you're using the supplied component HDTV connectors that come with all new NVIDIA cards - they have 2 extra pins and they usually output component.

S-Video is like the digital (sorta) version of Yellow - no difference, no possibility of HDTV.

u want HDTV? HDMI/DVI (same thing), or component (for crappy looking HD), OR coaxial (cable/satellite/antenna screwy jack thingy)

OR okay nvm
u said "just not in HD" exactly, so ur 720p and 1080i films are meaningless cuz they're showing up at 480i anyway

Back
Top Bottom